Business Development Manager – Germany (m/w/d)
Languages: English and German
Start date: February 2021
Invitae is seeking Business Development Managers (BDM) to develop and grow territory for Invitae’s testing menu spanning diagnostics, oncology-focused research products on the Archer® platform and future companion diagnostic assays. This includes developing and executing a territory business plan within a defined geographic region. The BDM will be responsible for managing business results, sales activities, and cross-functional initiatives in their respective territory. He/She will be responsible for making the day-to-day decisions required to manage a productive territory, retain existing customer base of business while growing sales through new account acquisition. This will include: securing and analyzing relevant information, maintaining knowledge of territory and market intelligence, understanding and analyzing environmental factors and political landscape, identifying key issues and committing to action after developing alternative solutions that take strategic objectives, resource constraints and organizational values into consideration. The successful BDM will also be responsible for a positive ROI within their specified territory.
What you will do:
- Achievement of territory sales objectives
- Development and execution of a territory business plan that aligns with the regional and Global strategy
- Direct execution of sales strategies and tactics, and implementation of sales and marketing plans.
- Customer and prospect site visits within the regional territory while maintaining profitable sales to expense ratio.
- Manage individual territory activities, ensuring return on investment spends.
- Develop and maintain key customer relationships with target audiences; assist in developing business solutions that are mutually beneficial; apply broader business scenarios and customer-focused models to achieve breakthrough results.
- Maintain high-level of product and market knowledge.
- Assist in programs designed to promote or facilitate product sales and the INVITAE culture/image, including participation in relevant local conferences and events.
- Participate in cross-functional teams that support all customer-facing roles within the assigned geographic region.
- Identify client-bill contracting opportunities with academic medical centers, large cancer centers, health systems, and other strategically important key accounts.
- Comply with HIPAA, GDPR and any other regulations involved with processing and handling of personal data
- Full compliance with INVITAE’s CRM solution for the defined geographic region.
Who you are:
- Leadership – The successful candidate must be a high energy, charismatic leader who is first a talented, strategically oriented, highly ethical business executive with strong executive presence and presentation skills. He/she will have the skills and ability to quickly gain credibility and respect with both the internal and external constituents. He/she will participate by example to ensure a good and compliant working environment, while at the same time maintaining accountability for delivering upon commitments.
- Driving Results – The successful candidate will have an accomplished track record in growing complex organizations. History of success maintaining key relationships, demonstrated ability to drive strategic sales/marketing solutions, demonstrated ability to execute sales strategy focusing on net sales growth while leveraging existing customer relationships into increasing market share and developing and executing plans to deliver new channels of distribution.
- Building and Managing Relationships – The successful candidate will have comfort and experience interacting with key strategic accounts, thought leaders and Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) and other influential healthcare executives in the commercial and research/development continuum that defines the operating complexity of the biotechnology / Personalized Medicine / Molecular Diagnostic industry.
Education and Required Experience
- 4+ years of sales experience in a relevant industry/commercial environment (diagnostics, genetic testing, research products)
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Masters in applicable Life Sciences highly valued but not required
- Fluent in English and German
- Deep domain knowledge of the Diagnostic Services industry. Molecular Diagnostic experience is strongly preferred.
- Experience selling diagnostic (somatic or germline) or reproductive health genetic based tests and services to geneticists, genetic counselors and clinicians.
- Experience within complex selling environments required.
- Ability to travel required (up to 60% of the time)
- Valid driver’s license
- Focuses on outcomes with clear measures and metrics.
- Interpersonal flexibility to effectively interact with stakeholders at all levels of the decision-making process
- Ability to leverage cross-functional relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals and objectives.
- Advanced presentation skills and business acumen are a necessity.
- Problem solving, decision-making and technical learning.
- Advanced written and oral communication skills.
- Strong administrative skills. Sophistication to manage business in complex environments.
- Demonstrates INVITAE's values by acting with integrity, respect and trust.
- Comprehensive understanding and experience with various industry trends and market segments and industry trends. Clear knowledge of regional market trends.
- Knowledge and application of strategic planning, and development sales strategy and tactical implementation within your specified territory.