Director, Revenue Accounting & Operations
Iterable is the customer activation platform that helps brands deliver joyful experiences with harmonized, individualized, and dynamic communications at scale—Iterable is built for marketers, trusted by engineers, and designed with intelligence. We know this space well: our product team built the growth systems that powered Twitter’s early success. We've surpassed $100M in ARR and have raised more than $340M from top-tier investors like Index Ventures, Viking, and CRV, and hundreds of companies like Zillow, SeatGeek, and Box rely on us to captivate their many millions of users.
Developed for the enterprise, Iterable is built from modern technologies that transform cloud, partner and tool-specific data into integrated, personalized engagements. No matter the audience size or degree of campaign sophistication, Iterable empowers brands to implement where it matters most—creating experiences and promoting connections with over 2 billion people world-wide. Leading brands, like Zillow, DoorDash, Calm, Madison Reed, and Box, choose Iterable to power excellent customer experiences throughout the entire lifecycle.
Iterable's momentum grows daily and there has never been a more exciting time to join the team! We've been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work – SF for the past four years, one of the Best Places to Work in Colorado for the past two years, and were named as one of Colorado’s Best Paying Companies! We’ve also been listed on Wealthfront’s Career Launching Companies List for the past two years, rank sixth on the list of Top 25 Companies Where Women Want to Work and hold a top 20 spot among the SaaS 100.
We have a global presence with offices in San Francisco, New York, Denver, and London, and remote employees located all over the world. As we scale, we continue to live by our core four, founding values – Trust, Growth Mindset, Balance, and Humility. To understand the Iterable story, and learn more about our mission, explore our Culture and About Us page.
How you will make a difference:
As the Director of Revenue Accounting and Operations, you'll have a tremendously impactful role of being responsible over revenue recognition and cash conversion processes for the Company. In addition, you’ll be tasked with the critical role in refining processes to support a high-growth company that is expanding internationally and preparing for public company readiness. Reporting to the Controller, you will help build scalable practices and adopt new systems. This is an incredible opportunity to join a highly motivated, fun team poised for success.
One of our core values is a growth mindset and Iterable is a company where everyone can grow. If this is a role that excites you, please apply as we value applicants for the skills they bring beyond a job description.
You’ll get to:
- Lead the monthly revenue and commission accounting close team responsible over journal entry preparation/review, account reconciliation, and related maintenance of supporting schedules.
- Lead the billing operations and cash collection team responsible over order form processing, invoicing, and cash collections.
- Serve as the subject matter expert on revenue recognition rules and key stakeholder to determine how products are sold, order form format, and deal structure.
- Collaborate with Sales, Revenue Operations, Customer Success, Legal, and Finance.
- Implement and optimize scalable revenue and billing systems (Zuora, NetSuite ARM, SuiteBilling, Celigo) in conjunction with quoting and sales order tools.
- Enhance policies and processes over the entire orders-to-cash lifecycle including deal desk (finance portion), contract processing, and accounts receivable collections.
- Approve non-standard deal structure as it relates to revenue recognition and billing operations in addition to credits, pricing, and amendments.
- Ensure data integrity over all order-to-cash systems.
- Revise current operating procedures to reflect best-in-class practices.
- Implement fit-for-purpose controls ahead of planned SOX readiness initiatives.
- Engage with external auditors .
- Mentor and build a world-class revenue accounting operations team.
We are looking for people who have:
- 10+ years of relevant revenue accounting experience
- ASC606 and high growth SaaS expertise
- Familiarity with system optimization/implementation (Salesforce, Netsuite ARM, Suitebilling, Zuora)
- Meticulous attention to detail
- A keen focus on scale, end-to-end automation and evolving processes for scale and efficiency
- Strong stakeholder, project management, and vendor management experience
- Hands on leader mindset suitable for a high-growth tech company
- Possess strong process improvement, business acumen, and pragmatic oriented mindset
- Ability to work on and prioritize multiple projects while meeting goals and deadlines
- CPA and public accounting experience
- Public company or IPO experience
Perks & Benefits:
- Paid parental leave
- Great compensation packages, meaningful equity, & 401(k) plan
- Medical, dental, vision, & life insurance
- Balance Day (First Friday off every month)
- Fertility & Adoption Assistance
- Paid Sabbatical
- Flexible PTO
- Daily lunch allowance
- Monthly Employee Wellness allowance
- Quarterly Professional Development allowance
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Complete laptop workstation
We’re rethinking traditional workplace planning and looking to strengthen belonging, innovation, productivity, and happiness whether it’s in an office, from home, or a hybrid of the two. As such, we've moved to a single geographical compensation band for all of our employees (the San Francisco Bay Area market for the US, London for the UK).
For Colorado-based employment: The minimum salary for this position is $161,700/year. The compensation package includes equity, plus a range of medical, dental, vision, financial and other benefits. Additionally, perks such as daily paid lunches and generous stipends for health & fitness and learning & development, among others, are included.
Iterable is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Iterable does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Iterable also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Iterable will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.