Strategic Finance & FP&A | Finance
Want to revolutionize Content Creation with AI?
Launched in February 2021, Jasper.ai has scaled from 0 to over 63,000 happy and paying customers. We are backed by notable investors and Y-combinator with a mission to develop a product that helps the world write better content using artificial intelligence.
As our first Strategic Finance hire at Jasper, you will report directly into the VP of Finance. You will partner with the VP of Finance and cross-functional leadership to develop budgeting, plan for all business units, and model and influence the strategic direction of Jasper. The ideal candidate will have a strong experience set in Product Led Growth (PLG) companies, consolidated financial planning and analysis, and an ability to leverage data analytics to drive business decisions. You will be a true partner in the business and have a huge say and impact in all key critical decisions.
What you will do at Jasper:
- Help drive/build the budget, operating model, and long-term financial plan for Jasper
- Perform analysis to support strategic decision-making around resource allocation and prioritization; identify areas for growth and improvement
- Work with cross-functional leaders to influence strategic projects including pricing, unit economics, customer segmentation, and sales compensation
- Build business cases for areas Jasper should invest resources effectively
- Drive alignment on KPIs and key metrics to track team-specific and company-wide trends, go-to-market initiatives, business performance, and provide visibility into operating performance
- Prepare presentations and analysis for our Board of Directors and Executive Team
What you will bring to Jasper:
- Have 4+ years of experience including Investment Banking and experience working at a fast-paced start-up (ideally SaaS) in Strategic Finance or FP&A
- Have strong proficiency with financial modeling and Excel; work with SQL a plus
- Be highly analytical with the ability to translate between strategic business decisions and their quantitative implications
- Have excellent communication skills with the ability to distill complex issues into structured frameworks and concrete action plans
- Be highly entrepreneurial and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with minimal guidance
We promote growth opportunities and career development for everyone. We strive to assign projects to help each team member achieve their career goals. We put a high value on work-life balance. We strive to strike a healthy balance between your personal and professional life.
Benefits & Perks
- Comprehensive Health, Dental and Vision Coverage for our Employees and Families (Jasper.ai covers 100% of the premium for employees), 401(k) program with company matching, and flexible time-off to encourage a healthy work-life balance
- Monthly Wellness Reimbursement
- Jasper.ai is headquartered on Sixth Street in Austin, TX. Employees are welcome to work in the office or remotely
- Generous budget for home office set up
- Learning and Development opportunity plus individual budget
- Growing a new business can be chaotic so we strive for a fun, creative, and collaborative work environment to help us meet our objectives
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels as we know the more inclusive we are, the better our product will be.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.