Senior Human Resources Business Partner, Technology
Kiavi, formerly known as LendingHome, is one of the largest lenders to real estate investors in the United States. With Kiavi’s technology platform and innovative financing solutions, real estate investors are empowered to make informed decisions, close deals faster, and realize the full potential of their real estate investment strategies.
Founded in 2013, Kiavi is committed to helping customers revitalize approximately $25 trillion worth of aged U.S. housing stock and provide move-in ready homes and rental housing for millions of Americans across the country. We have funded $7.8 billion dollars worth of loans across about 35,000+ projects, becoming one of the nation's largest bridge loan lenders.
Combining our technology and industry expertise, Kiavi has grown to a team of over 400 and has won many awards over the years including Forbes Fintech 50, Finovate Awards: Best Digital Mortgage Platform, Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, and many more.
- Loans funded: More than $7.8 billion
- Geography: Lends in 27 states plus Washington, D.C., which account for more than 80% of the nation’s real estate market
- Homes financed: About 35,000
- Principal and interest returned to investors: More than $5.18 billion
- Employees: Over 400 employees
This position can be based anywhere in the United States—remote or in-office. Our hybrid distributed workforce philosophy allows us to find the best talent in the country and build diverse teams, while allowing our colleagues to work from the location that works best for them. For those who prefer to work in-office, we have locations in San Francisco and Pittsburgh. We also plan to use these spaces to bring together teammates to drive creativity and innovation.
In this Senior HR Business Partner, Technology role you will be supporting our Product, Engineering and Design teams. The Senior HR Business Partner, Technology reports to the Director of Talent Management and Development and plays a vital role in ensuring the functions they partner with are thriving and executing at scale. As a key member of the Employee Success team, you will work closely with leadership on engagement, employee development, diversity, compensation, and performance management initiatives. You’ll provide proactive guidance and help to translate business strategy into people and organizational strategy in keeping with Kiavi’s amazing organizational culture.
- Work with relevant stakeholders to help spearhead programs to enhance our culture — including performance management, compensation, talent development & feedback, employee engagement & retention, and internal communications.
- Partner with leadership to solve challenges in hiring and execution as we continue to scale.
- Provide coaching/guidance on skill & professional development, career pathing and leveling, change management, org design, and employee relations matters.
- Identify and advise leadership on the development needs of their teams and functions.
- Analyze trends & use data to develop programs to influence positive and scalable change.
- Build excellent working relationships across the business.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant HR or HRBP experience supporting technical teams
- Solid desire and ability to create and improve processes, build relationships and make Kiavi the best place to work
- Expertise in people/HR policies & procedures – and a track record of prioritizing, defining, developing, and rolling out scalable HR solutions that address the needs of the business
- Fully developed coaching and problem solving skills. Proven ability to handle sensitive employee issues with fairness and good judgment
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with ever-changing priorities.
- Reputation for integrity, dedicated work ethic, and desire for ownership & accountability.
- Prior experience working in a high growth environment; tech and financial services experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience with data and analytics and working with technical teams.
- Understanding of relevant employment laws.
Benefits and Perks
- Product Ownership: All employees think like an owner because all employees own equity in the company and play a critical role in making our business great.
- Health Insurance: Our medical, dental, and vision plans are completely free for employee-only coverage, and the company pays 80% of the total premium for dependents.
- Whole-Person Wellness: Anyone can schedule no-cost unlimited virtual therapy sessions, use a monthly subsidy for fitness facilities, and access reimbursements for fertility services.
- Retirement Savings. Employees who participate in our “no fee” 401(k) receive an immediately-vested employer match on 100% of contributions up to 3% of compensation.
- Career Growth: We foster an environment that encourages opportunities to use your voice, do better for our customers and each other, and support your career journey.
- Flexible Time Off: With no cap on the number of days of PTO each year, employees are encouraged to enjoy a well-rounded lifestyle with work, travel, and family.
- Paid Leaves: You’re immediately eligible for up to 12 weeks of paid leave each year to bond with a new child (mothers & fathers) and up to 8 weeks for medical or caregiver leave so you come back ready to deliver high-impact results.
- Remote-First: We win together while still being fully remote, and each employee receives a stipend for their home office setup and a monthly allowance to help with the cost of internet/phone.
Kiavi in the News:
- Forbes: The Future Of Real Estate: Fintech 50 2019 and Real Estate on a Threshold of a “Moneyball” Moment
- HousingWire: 2019 HW Tech100 Winner: LendingHome
- Pittsburgh Business Times: Voted a “2019 Best Places to Work” and won first runner-up in large company category
- Mortgage Professional America: LendingHome surpasses $5 billion in loans in five years
- Pittsburgh Business Times: San Francisco fintech aggressively expands, looks to hire in Pittsburgh
- Curbed: How Wall Street, Silicon Valley Institutionalized Home Flipping