Business Development Representative, APAC
At Kinaxis, who we are is grounded in our common belief that people matter. Each one of us plays an important part in accomplishing our work, building our culture and making a global impact.
Every day, we’re empowered to work together to help our customers make fast, confident planning decisions. This is how we create a better planet – for each other, for our customers and for generations to come. Our cloud-based platform RapidResponse ensures that the products we need – everything from medicine and cars, to day-to-day items like toothpaste – make it to market and into our hands when we need them with minimal ecological footprint.
We make the world better, and you can too.
Job location: This is a remote position in Singapore or you can be based out of our office in Tokyo, Japan (currently working remotely)
About the team
The Business Development Representative (BDR) is responsible for generating qualified opportunities which contribute significantly to the overall sales pipeline. This position provides support to marketing and sales, engaging in marketing activities and campaigns in order to build relationships and handling most initial contact with prospective clients to generate and qualify sales opportunities.
What you will do
- Develop an effective pipeline of new projects and customers through the qualification of leads generated from marketing campaigns and outbound prospecting
- Manage and coordinates leads through the qualification process through discovery of opportunity, working closely with Account Executives to confirm qualification criteria
- Provide ongoing market feedback and suggestions to refine positioning and improve outbound strategies
- Monitor and maintain new and existing account and client information in relevant databases (Salesforce and Eloqua)
- Source new contacts using external data sources such as DiscoverOrg and LinkedIn Sales Navigator
- Execute cold calls, email/InMail nurturing campaigns leveraging Eloqua and LinkedIn
- Provide telemarketing support for marketing campaigns and events as required, including inviting individual to register for conferences/webcasts, training/certification courses as well as post-campaign follow-up
- Participate in sales meetings, local trade shows, and training, maintaining up to date knowledge of current market and solutions
- Understand Kinaxis’ differentiated value proposition to effectively educate and generate demand from qualified prospects
- Work is performed remotely and supports our global teams in North America, Europe and Asia
What we are looking for
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing or related field
- Minimum 2-4 years of proven business to business work experience as a business/market/sales development representative
- Fluency in Mandarin and English
- Knowledge of marketing, sales and business processes
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to manage multiple stakeholders
- Effective time management and organizational skills with a proactive, goal-oriented mindset
- Advanced computer skills, especially Microsoft Office, Excel, Salesforce and Eloqua considered an asset
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively within all levels of the organization
- An ability to multi-task within a fast-paced environment, prioritize tasks, track and projects and meet urgent deadlines
- Ability to travel as required (up to 20%)
What we have to offer
- Challenging Work – We love solving highly complex problems. And as the global leaders in our industry, we never stop innovating—our work is never “done. That’s because across our teams and in all roles, every employee is empowered to bring their best ideas forward and to jump in and solve the problems they’re passionate about.
- Great People – We take our work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously! It’s in our DNA to celebrate, laugh, and have fun. We are stronger, together, when we are open, honest, and above all, real. Every person is valued here and plays an important role in our shared success.
- Global Impact – As a global team spanning continents, boundaries, and cultures, every day we are inspired by the impact our work has on our colleagues, our customers, our communities, and the world at large.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion – Diversity, equity and inclusion are more than words to us. They are the guiding principles for building a culture where we celebrate each others’ differences, continuously strive for equality and recognize that inclusion makes us stronger as individuals, a company and a global citizen.
For more information, visit the Kinaxis web site at www.kinaxis.com or the company’s blog at http://blog.kinaxis.com/.
Kinaxis strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply to our welcoming community. Accommodations are available upon request for applications in all aspects of the recruitment process. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources at ** Redacted **.