Software Development Engineer – Backend
The Software Development Engineer’s primary purpose is to plan, develop, implement and support the technology systems that meet our operational needs. This role plays an integral part of ensuring that our teams and customers have to tools they need to provide an exceptional customer experience.
This particular role heavily utilizes Perl.
As a Software Development Engineer you would:
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code
- Mentor others on skills at which you excel
- Develop new software solutions and maintain existing applications
- Work with stakeholders to understand requirements and objectives
- Create, review, and update technical documentation
- Keep apprised of relevant new technology and best practices
- Write tests to validate code function
- Execute bug fixes
- Measure results of implemented solutions
- Participate in troubleshooting/triaging of issues and document them appropriately
- Proven ability in a software development role
- Experience finding and fixing software bugs in existing code
- Demonstrated technical writing skills
- Proficient with database design
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills
- Experience with Perl and/or Go
- Comfortable working in a Linux environment
- A passion for improving software/systems
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related discipline or equivalent experience
Bonus Points for:
- Experience working with virtualization such as VMware, KVM, etc.
- 100% Employer paid Benefits options – Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription
- Traditional and Roth 401k with company matching
- Fun employer-sponsored events
- A collaborative team culture
- Consistent/set work hours
- Challenging non-redundant daily duties
- A voice in how things get done
- Access to ongoing training
- This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all job responsibilities, tasks, or duties. Additional duties and tasks may be assigned as part of the job function. Liquid Web Inc. reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in a way that best supports the organizational needs. The job description in no way creates or implies an employment contract. The employment contract remains “at will”.
- Equal Employment Opportunity Policy: Liquid Web is committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, military status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.