Senior Quality Assurance Engineer, Web
Hi, we’re Lively. Are you?
We’re revolutionizing hearing care. We’re on a mission to empower tens of millions of people to hear better through affordable, convenient, hearing care — at a fraction of the cost thanks to telemedicine. We’re led by a crew of enormously skilled thinkers, creators, and doers. And we’re as collaborative and compassionate as we are ambitious. Built In NYC just named us one of the “best small companies to work for”. Come help us lose the “small”!
So, why Lively?
There’s a million companies you could take your talents to. What makes Lively a good match? We’re a series B start-up with an eager, empowered customer base that’s growing exponentially. And we’re young enough, and small enough, where you could make a big, tangible difference — a real impact. Where are we from? We come to hearing care by way of Amazon, Facebook, 1stdibs, among other start-ups. And we’re surrounded by a world-class advisory board and audiology team.
About the role.
We are looking for a talented Senior Quality Assurance Engineer, Web to develop and execute the Lively's QA processes to ensure we catch as many bugs as possible before releasing those in a continuous integration and a continuous deployment environment.
What you’ll do.
- Collaborate with Lively’s CTO, Engineers, Head of Product and Head of Design in understanding both functional and non-functional requirements
- Manage communication of progress/status to stakeholders
- Log bugs, and track progress and results
- Communicate directly with stakeholders in addition to email/ticketing chain, to ensure timely resolution of identified issues
- Triage bugs and other improvements
- Be the last line of defense to ensure high quality output, and responsible for the last sign off before production release.
What you’ll bring.
- 5+ years working in QA at a software company (startup environment preferred)
- Degree in computer science or relevant software development experience
- Knowledge of manual and automation testing
- Experience in troubleshooting issues and root cause analysis
- Experience in testing website across different device types
- Experience in testing mobile apps
- Good understanding of how browsers work – dev tools, cookies, local storage, incognito, etc.
- A proven track record of delivering high quality and tested software on-time and often
- An open mind, flexibility around testing new approaches and the ability to harness failures and turn them into wins
- Bonus points for:
- Experience with web protocols
Why we love it here.
Changing lives and revolutionizing hearing care sounds like serious business. And it is. But we know how to have fun along the way. Case in point: our energizing weekly all-hands meetings where you’ll smile so much your smile muscles might get sore.
It helps that we have such a diverse crew — so you’ll fit right in. The Lively family includes actors, sommeliers, top-chefs, a former professional rollerblader (yep, that’s a thing), dancers, black belts, filmmakers and countless four-legged furry sidekicks.
Even our benefits are Lively.
- You’re worth it. Our compensation is competitive and our 401k plan includes a 4% match.
- Take care of yourself and your loved ones. We offer excellent medical, vision, and dental insurance and contribute generously to it. Adding a new member to your family? We also provide 12-weeks paid parental leave.
- Fill that well! Whether you check out America’s natural treasures or just veg out on your couch, enjoy your paid time off. We encourage time off.
- Nomnom on us. Lively offers a weekly lunch stipend. (Pro tip: Groceries count.)