Product SQL Report Writer
Pathwire is hiring a Product SQL Report Writer with advanced SQL knowledge to join our business intelligence team. The Product SQL Report Writer’s mission is to collect and provide internal data to product leaders, empowering them to monitor performance as well as make forward looking data driven decisions across all Mailgun products. As part of this fast-paced, fast-growth company, you will be a key contributor to helping us accelerate our growth even further.
In order to be successful in this position, you must be able to effectively communicate with technical and non technical people, move quickly and adapt to changing business needs. This is a very important position that comes with much responsibility given its impact to the business, so maturity and a good attitude are must haves.
- Gather requirements for data needs from various internal product team members
- Translate requirements into reporting/analytical artifacts using SQL, Looker and Matillion
- Create complex queries of datasets to aggregate and extract desired information
- Create dashboards and reports that provide insights into product performance and help to:
- Identify and evaluate trends and anomalies
- Determine business impact of different decisions and scenarios
- Provide business leaders insights of business and customer dynamics
- Strong SQL knowledge with minimum of 3+ years of hands on experience
- Ability to write and execute complex SQL against large sets of data
- Experience creating ETL processes for extracting and storing data in a data warehouse.
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to learn new things quickly and self teach
- Capable of managing multiple competing tasks
- Technically proficient with Excel and Google Analytics
- Experience with Looker
- Experience with Matillion
- Experience with Snowflake
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- KEEPING YOU HEALTHY: Pathwire offers 100% employer paid comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans (US). We offer a variety of supplemental plans to meet your individual needs and provide access to telehealth for all participants.
- KEEPING YOU BALANCED: Pathwire provides free virtual counseling resources through our Employee Assistance Programs. Your mental health is as important as your physical health.
- FINANCIAL SECURITY: We offer an employer match for 401k participants to help you plan for the future (US).
- TAKE A BREAK: We believe performance at work requires balance at home. This is why we provide 5+ weeks of time-off to all employees.
- FAMILY PLANNING: We know that families can be built in a variety of ways and this is why Pathwire offers paid parental leave and family planning support.
- WORK WHERE YOU ARE: It’s not where you work that matters. This is why we provide flexible remote work offerings for most of our roles.
Pathwire embraces diversity and equal opportunity in all aspects of our business. We are committed to building a company that empowers individuals from a diverse set of backgrounds and values diversity of thought as a beacon for performance. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.