Director, Human Resources Business Partner – Product
Marqeta powers innovative payment solutions for many of the apps and services you enjoy daily. Our open API provides unprecedented flexibility and control for industry-leading companies such as Uber, Coinbase, J.P.Morgan, and Block, to manage payment operations in real-time.
Our team is a mix of industry experts and technology innovators who take a dynamic approach to solving challenging problems. Marqeta was named a 2022 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, highlighting our company culture and collaborative work environment. We are building a global team as diverse as the markets we serve and we’d love it if you joined us on our mission to change the way money moves.
We’re a remote-first company. You have the choice to work from wherever you’re happiest and most productive, whether that’s from home, a co-working space, or one of our four global offices, depending on your location. It’s uncommon for candidates to match all job requirements, but if you’re not far off, we want to hear from you.
Marqeta HR strives to revolutionize human resources in the same way that Marqeta is revolutionizing payments. We are helping to find, grow and keep the remarkable assemblage of talent who are our Marqetans.
The Director, HRBP will be responsible for the fastest growing group of Marqetans, our Product team. You will lead a team of HRBPs to define the capabilities required to support Marqeta’s Product leadership in executing against our Product roadmap and corporate strategy.
You will collaborate with senior leadership, influence the organizational strategy and structure, build a talent pipeline across several functions, and create a meaningful team culture that enables Marqetans to do the best work of their lives. You will think strategically, use data to guide your work, be comfortable challenging business leaders, and drive impact on how work is done.
At Marqeta, the HRBP organization plays a major role in driving the company’s success. HRBPs are strategists, consultants, coaches, culture carriers, thought-partners and change agents. You'll partner with our Chief Product Officer and senior Product leadership to help them build their organizations, grow top talent and ensure all people decisions are based on data. You’ll play an essential role advancing a more diverse, accessible, equitable, and inclusive Marqeta through our hiring, promotion, retention, and inclusion practices.
The ideal candidate will be a highly strategic operator with the stature and leadership capability to manage people support to the Product org and to the HRBP team globally. They will have a successful and progressively responsible leadership track record in reputable companies. They will be an experienced HR leader with an organization development orientation. The ideal candidate will bring creative and effective organizational solutions to cultivate an amazing and innovative culture. Also, critical for success is this person’s ability to relate to and influence in a product-driven organization.
Marqeta is in an unprecedented growth phase and as an HRBP here, you’ll have the opportunity to directly influence how the organization takes shape, fulfills our Vision and lives up to our Values. You will partner with leaders as a strategic advisor across all organizational areas and bring your deep expertise to a vibrant and evolving company – you will be instrumental in establishing organizational practices, operating guidelines, leadership approaches, and general people practices for the Marqeta of tomorrow.
What You'll Do
- As part of the CPO’s inner circle of leadership, build relationships with business leaders to offer thought leadership on organizational and people-related strategy and execution. Align product capabilities with tech and Go-To-Market, talent and org structure to achieve Marqeta’s strategic growth plans.
- Help design and lead the delivery of Marqeta’s people practices including talent assessment and planning, organization design and development, performance management, and culture development.
- Define, design and drive effective change management strategies that continually evolve the Product organizations to achieve Marqeta’s strategic goals.
- Consult with Marqeta’s leaders to create a comprehensive people plan to influence lasting change over our largest function.
- Provide expertise in the following areas: performance management, career planning, coaching, data analysis, compensation and rewards, employee relations, learning and development, recognition programs, and strategic development.
- Provide rigorous data analysis and reporting solutions based on business needs. Identify and surface trends in both qualitative and quantitative data to help improve organizational health. Interpret complex analyses and tie back to business priorities.
- Lead the overall Performance Summary Cycle and employee engagement survey throughout the year.
- Inspire, partner, and drive results alongside HR colleagues in Recruiting, Employee Relations, Learning & Development, Compensation, and Legal to implement solutions and help scale the business.
- Lead across diversity & inclusion strategies
- Design and facilitate team and offsite meetings.
- Lead and provide creative solutions to strengthen the People team and enable the organization to perform effectively together.
- Solve challenges and get to the root cause of any issue, no matter how complex. Design and quickly implement solutions that cut across multiple disciplines, even those beyond people and functional solutions.
What We're Looking For
- Experience and proven results in the HRBP role, creating measurable impact on a major business unit.
- Significant experience (10+ years) with all aspects of HR including deep operational experience
- Demonstrated mastery of cross-functional HR functions and experience influencing and strategically solving complex problems
- Demonstrated experience scaling support across a large and growing global organization
- Experience managing people managers
- Experience working with large software engineering populations
- Demonstrated solid judgment and experience assessing risk relative to the business
- Demonstrated learning and leading in a constantly changing environment and a proven ability to cultivate relationships across teams
- Proven experience leading complex, transformational changes
- Experience using data to identify insights that drive action
- Experience leading across global and/or matrixed organizations to scale
- Demonstrated experience influencing decision making
- Expert consulting, coaching and facilitation skills including group presentations
- BA/BS degree preferred
- A healthy dose of empathy and humor
Benefits and Perks
- Flexible time off – take what you need
- Retirement savings program with company contribution
- Employee insurance premiums paid 100% + coverage for dependents and pets
- Family forming benefits including fertility support and up to 20 weeks Parental Leave
- Free therapy sessions, financial coaching, and a Wellness stipend
- Monthly stipend to support our hybrid work model
- Equity in a publicly-traded company
- Bi-annual “Hack Week” to support and reward innovation
Learn more about Marqeta on our Website, Twitter and LinkedIn.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Marqeta is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant on any legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Our Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice applies to the personal data that you directly provide to us or that we collect during the application and candidate recruitment process.