Business Development Manager – (Remote – US)
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for growing Mediavine’s list of publishers across previously untapped or underrepresented verticals. Target publishers will be those focused on gaming, automotive, technology, sports and entertainment websites to name a few.
Mediavine is a fast-growing advertising management company representing over 8,000 websites in the food, lifestyle, DIY, and entertainment space. Founded by content creators, for content creators, Mediavine is a Top 20 Comscore property, exclusively reaching over 125 million monthly unique visitors. With best-in-class technology and a commitment to traffic quality and brand safety, we ensure optimal performance for our creators.
Mission & Culture
We help content creators build sustainable businesses. From educational tools and cutting-edge plugins to ad technology that maximizes earnings without slowing down your site, our motivation is ensuring your brand and business grow in every respect.
We are striving to build an inclusive and diverse team of highly talented individuals that reflects the industries we serve and the world we live in. We are committed to creating a culture where everyone feels welcomed. We are looking for individuals that will challenge us to continuously evolve and make Mediavine the employer of choice for people of all backgrounds. We strongly encourage minorities and individuals from underrepresented groups in technology to apply for this position.
Diversity and inclusion aren’t platitudes to us; we take them seriously. Have a look at our team and read through our blog posts to learn more about our values and to discover if Mediavine is the place for you!
Position Title & Overview:
The Business Development Manager will work closely with the VP of Business Development in helping Mediavine expand its base of authenticated users, leverage first-party data with advertisers, and position the company as an indispensable partner within a dynamic and ever changing ecosystem.
- Growing traffic and revenue in new markets such as gaming, automotive, technology, sports and entertainment
- Build and maintain trust with new publishers to ensure a healthy working relationship
- Conduct strategic calling and messaging to identify new business opportunities
- Closing high-value deals
- Demonstrate extensive product knowledge and make recommendations as needed
- Applicants must be based in the United States
- 3+ years of Business Development experience in the digital publishing and/or technology space
- An understanding of the online marketing and advertising industries, particularly regarding website monetization
- Experience in sales and account management, with the ability to adjust and utilize different, specific methods of communication to achieve goals
- Ability to understand a customer’s needs, and navigate a conversation to present the most useful information with each interaction
- Proven success presenting a value proposition
- Ability to meet sales targets in coordination with executive and other key stakeholders within the organization
- Working knowledge of inbound & outbound technologies
- Understanding of sales development best practices
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Experience with the blogging/web publishing community
- Experience working with a CRM
- Ability to travel as needed for business opportunities as well as optional company retreats and co-working
Nice to haves:
- Prior or current experience working remotely with a distributed team of stakeholders and customers
- Remote work environment
- Travel opportunities (remember those!?)
- Comprehensive benefits including 401k, Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Learning allowance
- Generous Vacation/Time off policies
- Additional side benefits such as home-office upgrades, tuition reimbursement, paid gym memberships and wellness retreats, upgraded flights, cool swag and more
- Company match charitable donations
Mediavine is an Equal Opportunity Employer