Senior Director Customer Support – Fully Remote
We’re a rapidly growing 100% remote $60MM+ metabolic optimization company seeking a Senior Director of Customer Support to transform our customers into evangelists. This is an extraordinary opportunity for a strategic optimizer to reengineer our 60+ person Philippine-based, fully remote, support team. Your policy and process upgrades will streamline our growth in 2022 as we march toward our goal of becoming a billion-dollar revenue brand by 2025. We’re 100% remote, in our 12th year with a team of 200+ and have grown over 300% in the last 3 years. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who wants to blend their professional superpowers with their personal passion for health, wellness, and fitness, and lead our Customer Service team as their Senior Director of Customer Support.
What are the Key Points?
- Compensation: $115,000 – $135,000 + Bonus
- Location: 100% Remote (virtual team of 200+ with no corporate office)
- Benefits: Health/Dental/Vision/Disability/Life + Matching 401k + Unlimited PTO (Paid Time Off)
- Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. EASTERN (to standardize our rhythms)
- Culture: Human-first with High-Performing, Happy & Humble People (no jerks)
- Personality: Obsessed with Details so We can Simplify the Complex for Others
Who Will You Report Into?
Hello, my name is Chad Wilbourn, Head of Sales for Metabolic.com, and I need your help. Our current support department consists of 60+ international agents divided into five subdepartments. I oversee a finely tuned Outbound Sales department of 100+ employees and within the last year absorbed the support department to ensure cohesion between teams. I’m looking for a strategic-minded Senior Director of Customer Support to upgrade our people, process and systems and raise our standards to improve the customer experience.
What Will You Own?
You will be extremely hands-on and 100% responsible for owning the customer experience by planning for and optimizing your team through KPIs, strategic process upgrades, increased team performance and the necessary check and balances. You will have clear and constant communication with senior leadership along with marketing, product and outbound sales. We are close to upgrading most of our systems through the integration of Salesforce, and now it’s time to scale and optimize our people and processes.
What’s the Ideal Candidate’s Background?
You live and breathe customer satisfaction and because of your vast experience as head of Customer Support, the thought of integrating KPIs, building a unified team of teams and developing the training, process development and automation to achieve higher performance energizes you. You are a mentor and a coach and through that, you create balance, transparency, and accountability within your team. Your passion drives you to be a constant optimizer of yourself and through that, you teach others to become more efficient and effective. You are clear, concise, and direct with your strategic leadership. You are the best in the world at transforming chaos into order.
Just as importantly, you’re extremely into health, wellness and/or fitness. You love experimenting with new habits, realize how important having an optimized daily routine is and simply can’t get enough of this stuff. Perhaps you’ve had a health challenge that got you interested, or you’ve just always been highly passionate about health, wellness, and fitness. Either way, your eyes are lighting up at the possibility of aligning your personal passion with your professional superpower.
If you’re getting that funny feeling of “this feels like it is written just for me,” please read on.
What’s the Team Like?
Our previous Senior Director of Customer Support was here for 11 years, and the support team is 60+ people divided into Social, Retention, Support, QA and Training. You will be surrounded with an experienced senior management team. While you will be reporting directly to me, you will be interacting with our social media team, our marketing team, our product team and our Strategic Steering Team.
What Will You Be Working On?
You will immediately dive into 4 of our most significant upgrades. First is the strategic direction to enhance our people (the team) and the processes for managing performance improvements, accountability and end-to-end tracking. This will include working with me to develop KPIs that are clear and measurable. Second, you will work on improving our Refund Mitigation plan with the goal of hitting 65% save rates on average. Third, you will build out the enhancements within Salesforce to remove bottlenecks and constraints that slow our support team down. Fourth, you will work to ensure our team is diversified in different locations and time zones.
What’s Our Culture Like?
We have a human-first culture that puts the needs of our team first. We combine dedicated time for deep work to deliver world-class performance with a standard set of rhythms that allow us to stay in alignment, be transparent and eliminate office politics.
- Standard 8:30 to 5:00 p.m. ET schedule to protect your personal and family time
- No standing meetings before 1 p.m. ET to empower you with 4 hours truly of deep work to GSD (Gets Stuff Done)
- Daily huddles and weekly check-ins to brainstorm, align on priorities and remove bottlenecks
- No meetings the first week of the month to gain momentum for the month ahead
Who Are We and How Are We Different?
Our mission is simple: make living healthy easier than living unhealthy. We do that by empowering people to fix their own health with our metabolism-first approach and unified ecosystem that powers our MetabolicOS. 3 things make us different than others in the health and wellness space:
- Metabolism-First – After 11 years of trial-and-error with 500k+ people, we’ve found optimizing your metabolism delivers the results you want: feeling your best, looking your best, performing your best and living longer. Your metabolism is your inner compass for health, but most people don’t understand how to read it; once you do, it’ll tell you exactly what to do to help you thrive.
- Individualized-Approach – Paleo may work great for one person’s metabolism, Vegan for another, Keto for another, etc. Everyone’s different, so to achieve results that stick, those differences must be respected; if not, things will backfire. That’s why our approach is 100% customized to the individual – there is no perfect program to find, it must be built to support how that specific person’s unique metabolism works. This is where the usual one-size-fits-all solutions fail – they don’t respect our very real individual differences.
- Integrated Ecosystem – It’s simply too hard to live healthy – lots of great individual solutions, but nothing is connected. We’re left to stitch everything together, which is confusing. We simplify everything with an integrated suite of the offerings you need to optimize your metabolism. We started with nutrition, then exercise, then supplements, then coaching and are constantly pulling in new pieces of the health puzzle.
All of this is combined into our proprietary Metabolic Optimization System (MetabolicOS) that unites practitioner wisdom and scientific research with machine learning to deliver a truly customized data-driven consumer experience that helps you dial in your metabolism at any stage of life.
What’s Our Past and Future?
Our company may be a bit confusing at first glance because we built everything organically in reverse, starting with our first nutrition program in 2012, then our first exercise program in 2014 and then launching our full ecosystem of products, including nutraceuticals, functional foods, subscriptions, memberships, 1-on-1 coaching and more. We market these all separately under different DTC websites.
However, now everything’s being centralized under our new brand, Metabolic. We’re launching our flagship e-comm website on Metabolic.com in Q3 and our digital product + e-comm app in Q4. Normally, companies raise money, launch with a brand, and then figure out how to make money later. We did that in reverse – creating products that solve specific problems first to bootstrap, scaling that up to fund building out our team and infrastructure, and then retrofitting the brand on top.
What Are the On-going Responsibilities?
- Onboard/Offboard team to scale
- Manage your team leads – Scheduling, reporting, training, QA and payroll and reviews
- Create product level, mitigation, returns and relationship training for all agents
- Write and train reps on all support scripts
- Complete training materials inside our LMS
- Build performance driven compensation plan for team
- Host a daily standup
- Build and implement improved CSR workflows, KPIs, NPS and reporting in Salesforce
- Collaborate with Sales, Tech, Marketing, Product and Social
- Create and deliver all executive level reporting
- 5+ Years Salesforce Experience (Certified minimum level 1 Salesforce Admin)
- 10+ years’ experience as Head of Support for Enterprise Level Business
- 5+ years’ experience managing remote team.
- Expert at writing SOPs, sales and refund save scripts.
- Expert at excel
- Systems-Oriented – Strong pattern detector who loves to create order out of chaos with highly organized, repeatable processes and systems that methodically deliver sustained success
- Driven to Excellence – An ownership mentality with a relentless inner drive to excellence that other people who aren’t built that way find disturbingly intense 🙂
- Exceptional Communication Skills – A perceptive listener who quickly synthesizes info and can formulate a methodical action plan that can be clearly articulated verbally and in writing
- Passion for Health, Fitness and Habits – An unquenchable thirst to improve your health and fitness with an intentional focus on constantly optimizing your daily habits and routines
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development
- Work From Home
- Wellness Resources