Front End Web Developer (Remote or Local)
Modern Campus is seeking a full-time Front-End Web Developer to join our newly established Design Studio Department. We need professionals who are focused on customers to help our in-house team transform and adapt college and university websites for management in our web content management system (CMS), Omni CMS. This is a full-time position and is open to remote work.
How you’ll make an Impact:
- Implements HTML and CSS from design mockups as needed.
- Generates user interfaces using knowledge of complex CSS layout.
- Troubleshoots and improves existing client designs and accessibility issues.
- Uses effective communication skills when responding to customer emails, attending consultation meetings, and regular interactions to solve work related problems and concerns.
- Become a quick-study expert user of all Modern Campus Products
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 2+ year of hands-on Web Development Experience
- Advanced level of CSS and CSS3, including complex layout
- Master in creating workflows and processes
- Flexible and able to adapt
- Experience with Omni CMS or similar Content Management System
- Experience with common libraries (jQuery, etc.) and debugging tools (Firebug, etc.)
- Experience integrating front-end code with server-side technology
- Advanced level use of jQuery
- Advanced ability to translate and implement HTML and CSS from design mock ups
- Intermediate knowledge of accessibility best practices (e.g., WAI-ARIA)
Preferred locations (remote candidates welcome):
- St. Petersburg, FL
- Toronto, ON
- Lakeland, FL
- Camarillo, CA
What you’ll gain:
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Rewards and recognition programs
- Learning and development opportunities
- Convenient office location
- Flexible Vacation Policy
- You will make a difference everyday for universities trying to grow and students trying to learn.
Only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Modern Campus is obsessed with empowering its 1,800+ higher education customers to thrive when radical transformation is required to respond to lower student enrollments and revenue, rising costs, crushing student debt and administrative complexity.
The Modern Campus engagement platform powers solutions for non-traditional student management, web content management, catalog and curriculum management, student engagement and development, conversational text messaging, career pathways, and campus maps and virtual tours. The result: innovative institutions can create a learner-to-earner lifecycle that engages modern learners for life, while providing modern administrators with the tools needed to streamline workflows and drive high efficiency.
Learn how Modern Campus is leading the modern learner engagement movement at moderncampus.com and follow us on LinkedIn.
Modern Campus is committed to fair and accessible employment practices and are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. We will work with all applicants to determine appropriate accommodation for individual accessibility needs.