Web Developer (Remote or Local)
Modern Campus USA Inc. is seeking a full-time Web Developer to join our growing Professional Services Department. We need professionals who are focused on customer to help our in-house team transform and adapt college and university websites for management in our web content management system (CMS), Omni CMS. This is a full-time position for our Camarillo office with the option to work remote.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Become a quick-study expert user of Omni CMS
- Implement Omni CMS for new clients
- Reconfigure client websites to run within the Omni CMS software
- Architect code structure and plan template layouts
- Contribute code improvements to enhance processes
- Develop custom modules and plugins
- Apprise management of project schedules and resource requirements
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 1+ year of hands-on Web Development Experience
- Experience with Omni CMS or similar Content Management System
- Experience with common libraries (jQuery, etc.) and debugging tools (Firebug, etc.)
- Experience integrating front-end code with server-side technology
- Experience with at least one scripting language: ASP, ASP.NET C#, PHP, RUBY, or similar.
- Experience working with cross-browser behaviors and quirks
- Experience working with XML data structures
- Experience working with Regular Expression (REGEX)
- Knowledge of current trends and best practices in front-end architecture, including performance, accessibility and usability
- Knowledge of web server setup and configuration best practices
Desired skills but not required:
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Professional, logical, and highly motivated approaches to work problems
- Proficient in a multi-task environment; can type, text, email, and present via web and phone
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Responsible and capable of meeting tight deadlines
- Enjoy working in a collaborative environment
What you’ll gain:
- Competitive compensation – commensurate with skill and experience level
- Professional development opportunities
- Excellent health, dental and vision insurance with generous contribution to dependent
- Casual and fun office environment
- Flexible schedules
- Paid company holidays and paid time off (PTO)
Only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Modern Campus is obsessed with empowering its 1,800+ higher education customers to thrive when radical transformation is required to respond to lower student enrollments and revenue, rising costs, crushing student debt and administrative complexity.
The Modern Campus engagement platform powers solutions for non-traditional student management, web content management, catalog and curriculum management, student engagement and development, conversational text messaging, career pathways, and campus maps and virtual tours. The result: innovative institutions can create a learner-to-earner lifecycle that engages modern learners for life, while providing modern administrators with the tools needed to streamline workflows and drive high efficiency.
Learn how Modern Campus is leading the modern learner engagement movement at moderncampus.com and follow us on LinkedIn.
Modern Campus is committed to fair and accessible employment practices and are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. We will work with all applicants to determine appropriate accommodation for individual accessibility needs.