Product Manager, SQL & BI
The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $106B+ by 2024!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
The MongoDB Analytics team’s goal is to make working with data easier by giving developers the power to combine application data with analytical data.
MongoDB is looking for an outstanding product manager to join our team and take on a key role in our Analytics & Enterprise Tools product organization. You will be responsible for leading our efforts related to SQL. This position requires a driven self-starter who can work with senior leadership comfortably, takes tasks from start to finish, and someone who enjoys working in a dynamic, fast-paced, and challenging environment.
- In this highly visible position, drive collaboration across engineering, design, marketing, sales, and executive leadership
- Lead the team to the right product decisions via deep engagement with internal stakeholders, customers, prospects, and market study
- Actively maintain a view of how the market, competition, and technologies evolve, and factor competitive information and customer feedback into our product direction
- Deeply understand all aspects of the business – to ensure a business outcome aligned with our broader product, customer, and company needs
- Bring a passion to every stage of the product lifecycle
- At least 5 years product management experience with business intelligence, analytics, search or database products.
- Skills to effectively communicate product strategy to all of the relevant stakeholders; ability to translate technology features into business benefits.
- Strong team skills and experience to bring together diverse views, can-do attitude, optimism, humility, willingness to embrace the unknown.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with the ability to present to large audiences.
- Demonstrated success as a product manager on a fast-paced, growing team.
- Self-starter who enjoys strategic challenges across a broad range of disciplines.
- Bachelor or Masters in Computer Science, Marketing or related field.
- Experience with developer-focused, cloud growth models is a plus.
- In three months, you will have onboarded on the current MongoDB technologies & tools, reviewed existing roadmaps, caught up on where the teams are executing; you will have met with your team, key functions, and other stakeholders, and identified any immediate opportunities for improvement.
- In six months, you will have led the team to ship several releases, taken over customer feedback channels, and made sure existing processes allow acting on it efficiently.
- In twelve months, you have produced several GA releases, delighted customers with new/improved experiences (you’ll need to define your metrics to measure customer success with your deliverables as well), identified new opportunities & refined your roadmap, contributed to other projects, presented to customers, user groups, and conferences, and gained strong support of your team of direct reports and other stakeholders.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k effective upon employment
- Flexible Vacation Policy
- Open to a full-time remote role
- Company equity (RSUs)
- Eligibility for Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Gender-neutral Global Parental Leave Policy that's paid for 20 weeks after 1 yr of employment, with addition 4-week flexible Return to Work arrangements
- Family planning benefit (fertility care, adoption, and surrogacy assistance up to 90%)
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws