Senior Curriculum Editor
The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $119B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
The MongoDB Curriculum team delivers high-quality educational content to tens of thousands of visitors daily. The Curriculum team seeks to become an industry leader in creating delightful, interactive curriculum helping MongoDB learners of all levels and backgrounds acquire new skills with ease.
We’re looking for a senior editor who will be in charge of overseeing our team's editorial process. This includes editing a wide range of educational content, including online learning units, certification exam questions, and in-house training materials to ensure that all of our written and visual content is grammatically and stylistically correct, in line with MongoDB design standards, and accessible to the target audience. They will also be responsible for overseeing contract editors and teaching writing skills to content creators.
This role can be based out of our New York City office or remotely in North America.
The ideal candidate
- Fluency in English
- 2+ years experience in a copy-editing role
- Experience working in a leadership capacity, overseeing in-house or contract editors, and/or coaching content creators
- An educational background in linguistics, English, journalism, publishing, writing, or similar
- Excellent written skills, including thorough knowledge of style, grammar, syntax, spelling, and punctuation in American English
- Highly skilled in using Google docs, sheets, slides, and drive
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to stay organized when handling multiple files and working with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Experience editing technical content
- Experience working with RST files
- Experience editing web-based education curriculum
- Completion of at least 1 MongoDB University course
- Edit written and visual course and exam materials at various stages of the writing process according to internal quality standards and standard American English grammar, spelling, punctuation, style, logic, accuracy, redundancy, and structure
- Ensure MongoDB University course materials are accessible and SEO-friendly
- Improve flow and clarity of video scripts and exercise instructions
- Coach and train content creators in writing skills
- Oversee work of contract editors
- Update formatting and layouts to align with our guidelines
- Edit language and tone of educational material to make it appropriate for the target audience
- Proofread for consistency of figures, captions, fonts, tables, etc
- Create, update, and maintain internal writing style guides
- Adhere to deadlines
- Communicate with stakeholders and make recommendations for revisions
- Rewrite portions of video scripts or exercise instructions
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.