Mux is video for developers. Our mission is to democratize video by solving the hard problems developers face when building video: video encoding and streaming (Mux Video), video monitoring (Mux Data), and more. Video is a huge part of people’s lives, and we want to help make it better.
We’re committed to building a healthy team that welcomes a diverse range of backgrounds and experiences. We want people who care about our mission, are ready to grow, believe in our values (from Be Human to Turn Customers Into Fans), and want to make the people around them better.
You’ll be joining a tight-knit team with experience at places like Google, YouTube, Twitch, Zencoder, Fastly, and more. Our founders previously started (and sold) Zencoder, an early leader in cloud video technology, and authored Video.js, the biggest HTML5 video player on the web. We organize Demuxed, the premiere conference for video engineers in the world.
We’re backed by top investors like Accel and Y Combinator. You’ll get to work with amazing companies: hundreds of startups, plus Reddit, Vimeo, Robinhood, CBSi, Discovery, PBS, and TED. Customers large and small love working with us and love our team.
We’re growing quickly and are building something big together. We’d love to hear from you!
About the Role
In this role, you'll drive sustainable growth at Mux by building the financial foundation to scale the business from $20m to $100m+ in revenue.
What You’ll Do
- Develop scalable processes and systems to efficiently manage financial close, variance analysis, forecasting, scenario planning and audit readiness
- Partner with the leadership team on driving high-impact investment decisions and sound financial planning processes
- Advance the company’s understanding of key financial drivers of our business and own executive and board-level financial reporting
- Identify and implement the finance tech stack needed to improve efficiency of the function (e.g. tooling to support accounts payable, accounts receivable, spend management)
- Grow and manage a high-performing team of FP&A and Accounting experts that produces rich insights, plans, and forecasts with a high degree of clarity and accuracy
Who You Are
- Analytical rigor: deep understanding of financial modeling and key metrics used in B2B SaaS businesses with a strong understanding of GAAP
- Operational excellence: experience building the financial infrastructure to support hyper growth at an enterprise SaaS company (experience in a hybrid self-service / sales revenue environment a plus)
- Entrepreneurial: motivated to work in a fast-paced, hyper growth environment and building functions from the ground up
- Cross-functional influence: collaborate effectively with diverse stakeholders (technical and non-technical) and lead with influence
- People leadership: Demonstrated ability to develop junior and senior level talent and manage a diverse team of technical and non-technical direct reports
- Strong communication: ability to simplify highly complex problems and develop clear recommendations
- Commitment to Mux values: Be Human, Care Obsessively, Turn Customers Into Fans
- Prior experience
- 7+ years experience in FP&A, accounting, business finance, investment banking, management consulting, or private equity
- Deep knowledge of tools in the finance tech stack (e.g. Netsuite, etc.)
You'll be joining an amazing team from places like Google/YouTube, Amazon/Twitch, Facebook/Oculus, and Brightcove. We have a supportive culture that cares about both excellent work and work-life balance.
- Flexible PTO
- Healthy work-life balance encouraged
- Competitive health, dental, and vision insurance (99% employee and 50% dependent premium coverage)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Group life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Investment in career growth and training
- Thought leadership and peer recognition program
- “Day of Learning” events
- Reimbursements for headphones, cell phones, device upgrades, and SVOD services of Mux customers
Mux is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse company. We believe diversity makes us better, and we strive to be inclusive and equitable. That’s why we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Location: San Francisco or Remote (US)