Partner Sales Manager
Mux is video for developers. Our mission is to democratize video by solving the hard problems developers face when building video: video encoding and streaming (Mux Video), video monitoring (Mux Data), and more. Video is a huge part of people’s lives, and we want to help make it better.
We’re committed to building a healthy team that welcomes a diverse range of backgrounds and experiences. We want people who care about our mission, are ready to grow, believe in our values (from Be Human to Turn Customers Into Fans), and want to make the people around them better.
You’ll be joining a tight-knit team with experience at places like Google, YouTube, Twitch, Zencoder, Fastly, and more. Our founders previously started (and sold) Zencoder, an early leader in cloud video technology, and authored Video.js, the biggest HTML5 video player on the web. We organize Demuxed, the premiere conference for video engineers in the world.
We’re backed by top investors like Accel and Y Combinator. You’ll get to work with amazing companies: hundreds of startups, plus Reddit, Vimeo, Robinhood, CBSi, Discovery, PBS, and TED. Customers large and small love working with us and love our team.
We’re growing quickly and are building something big together. We’d love to hear from you!
About the Role
We are looking for our first Partner Sales Manager who will work with a cross-functional team to plan, manage, and execute multi-channel co-selling opportunities with strategic partners and Mux sales teams. You’ll get to own pipeline management, upselling and expansion as well as relationship management to drive influenced and referred deals from these partners.
What you’ll do:
- Drive growth: Expand and deepen partner relationships to increase partner-attached leads
- Be the voice of Mux with our partners: Lead discovery and co-sell calls to drive mutual opportunities with partner sales organizations
- Speed up deals: Accelerate time-to-close on partner-attached opportunities
- Increase Mux's indirect revenue: Increase the percentage of Mux sales opportunities attached to partners through diligent maintenance of co-sell pipelines
- Be a cross-functional partner: Collaborate with internal teams including partnerships, marketing, sales, and product to maximize the impact of each partnership
Who you are:
- 2+ years experience in B2B sales, SDR, inside sales, BD, BDR, partnerships, or sales operations with ideally experience in SaaS partnerships
- Deep understanding of partnerships-led distribution and sales models, with the ability to flex to create and manage programs across a diverse set of partners, including cloud alliances, direct technology integrations, and Solutions/Systems Integrators and Consulting partners
- Highly organized, operational expert capable of integrating partner program requirements to Mux's sales team
- Ability to influence and lead a cross-functional team (both internal and external) to achieve objectives
You'd join an amazing team from places like Google/YouTube, Amazon/Twitch, Facebook/Oculus, Brightcove, Bain, and the BBC. We have a supportive culture that cares about both excellent work and work-life balance.
We are remote-equal, with an office space in Downtown San Francisco and another in London, right next to the Liverpool Station.
- Flexible PTO
- Healthy work-life balance encouraged
- Competitive health, dental, and vision insurance (99% employee and 60% dependent premium coverage)
- Fertility benefits
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Group life insurance
- Critical illness and accident insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Investment in career growth and training
- Thought leadership and peer recognition program
- “Day of Learning” events
- Reimbursements for headphones, cell phones, device upgrades, and SVOD services of Mux customers
- Remote lunch reimbursement 3x/week
Mux is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse company. We believe diversity makes us better, and we strive to be inclusive and equitable. That’s why we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Location: San Francisco or Remote (U.S.)