Sales Manager (Startup Segment)
Mux is video for developers. Our mission is to democratize video by solving the hard problems developers face when building video: video encoding and streaming (Mux Video), video monitoring (Mux Data), and more. Video is a huge part of people’s lives, and we want to help make it better.
We’re committed to building a healthy team that welcomes a diverse range of backgrounds and experiences. We want people who care about our mission, are ready to grow, believe in our values (from Be Human to Turn Customers Into Fans), and want to make the people around them better.
You’ll be joining a tight-knit team with experience at places like Google, YouTube, Twitch, Zencoder, Fastly, and more. Our founders previously started (and sold) Zencoder, an early leader in cloud video technology, and authored Video.js, the biggest HTML5 video player on the web. We organize Demuxed, the premiere conference for video engineers in the world.
We’re backed by top investors like Accel and Y Combinator. You’ll get to work with amazing companies: hundreds of startups, plus Reddit, Vimeo, Robinhood, CBSi, Discovery, PBS, and TED. Customers large and small love working with us and love our team.
We’re growing quickly and are building something big together. We’d love to hear from you!
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced Sales Manager to come in and accelerate Mux’s growth by building the foundation of outbound selling into the Startup segment. You will partner with marketing, bizops, and product teams to establish clear dependencies and demand excellence in service of up-market growth and new customer acquisition.
What you’ll do:
- Drive new customer acquisition and recurring revenue growth within the Startup segment informed by data
- Publish an outbound strategy with dependencies on marketing and sales development to identify new personas and ROI requirements to drive 50% ARR
- Recruit, hire, and train a team of experienced account executives in service to excellent developer-centric value-based sales
- Establish strong operational rigor across pipeline generation, pipeline management, forecast, and deal execution tasks
Who you are:
- Operational rigor: develop structured approaches to problem solving and drive to support decisions with data yet maintain a bias for action
- Entrepreneurial: motivated to work in a fast-paced, hypergrowth environment
- Strong communication: ability to simplify highly complex problems and develop clear recommendations
- Cross-functional influence: collaborate effectively with diverse stakeholders and lead with influence
- Commitment to Mux values: Be Human, Care Obsessively, Turn Customers Into Fans
- Team-first approach: humility, drive, empathy
- Prior experience:
- Experience managing an API based (consumption) sale
- Experience hiring, training, and coaching a high performing team
- Strong point of view on leadership, people development, mentorship, and inspiring people’s best work while driving accountability
- Proven aptitude for building: teams and/or process
- Ability to clearly communicate technical concepts and build great relationships with highly technical customers
- Ideally has experience with both inbound and outbound selling
- Strong desire to build and win
You'd join an amazing team from places like Google/YouTube, Amazon/Twitch, Facebook/Oculus, Brightcove, Bain, and the BBC. We have a supportive culture that cares about both excellent work and work-life balance.
We are remote-equal, with an office space in Downtown San Francisco and another in London, right next to the Liverpool Station.
- Flexible PTO
- Healthy work-life balance encouraged
- Competitive health, dental, and vision insurance (99% employee and 60% dependent premium coverage)
- Fertility benefits
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Group life insurance
- Critical illness and accident insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Investment in career growth and training
- Thought leadership and peer recognition program
- “Day of Learning” events
- Reimbursements for headphones, cell phones, device upgrades, and SVOD services of Mux customers
- Remote lunch reimbursement 3x/week
Mux is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse company. We believe diversity makes us better, and we strive to be inclusive and equitable. That’s why we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Location: San Francisco or Remote (U.S.)