Senior Human Resources Manager – NFTE (Remote)
Senior Human Resources Manager (Remote Role)
Overview: NFTE is seeking an experienced Human Resources (HR) professional to lead and execute routine functions of HR, including hiring and onboarding, administering pay, benefits, and leave, and supporting company policies and practices. Additionally, the Senior Human Resources Manager will collaborate with Senior Leadership and others to support key initiatives to enhance employee experience. To be successful in this role, you should be familiar with HR technology, including payroll systems, Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS), and ideally Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS).
Roles and Responsibilities
- Partners with finance and external consultants to ensure effective payroll and benefits administration, including compliant annual audits of the 403b retirement plan.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Provides guidance to management and others when complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and issues arise; may be required to administer and execute routine tasks in delicate circumstances such as providing reasonable accommodations, investigating allegations of wrongdoing, and terminations.
- Partners with the leadership team and hiring managers to understand and execute the organizations human resource and talent strategy particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting, retention, performance management, and succession planning.
- Manages the talent acquisition process, which may include recruitment, interviewing, and collaborating with departmental managers to understand needed skills and competencies.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with HRIS and talent management systems, and ability to learn new tools and systems specific to the organization
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- Relevant advanced degrees and/ or certifications are a plus
- A minimum of eight years of professional work experience including at least five years human resource management experience preferred.
- Prior experience working in a non-profit setting is a plus
This is a full-time remote-based position, utilizing employee home office locations. Where feasible, co-working type locations may also be utilized as needed combined with remote work from home settings. The position will require some light travel as needed. Relocation assistance is not available for this role
Compensation: $85,000-$100,000 depending on experience and qualifications. Generous and comprehensive benefits as detailed below.
EOE Statement: NFTE provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- Internationally recognized educational nonprofit committed to a dynamic mission
- Competitive salary with a total rewards suite of outstanding competitive benefits, including:
- NFTE sponsored Comprehensive Health Insurance
- Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance (fully paid by NFTE)
- 403(B) Retirement Savings Plan with generous company match
- Generous PTO (extensive vacation/holidays/personal time; paid sick time)
- Summer Fridays, Flex Time, Paid Family Leave (up to 6 weeks), Short and Long term Disability and “NFTE Time” (additional paid holiday break between Christmas and New Year’s Day)
- Flexible Savings Account (FSA): Pre-tax savings for expenses not covered by plan
- Dependent Care Account (DCA): Pre-tax savings for childcare services
- Transportation Savings Account (TSA): Pre-tax savings for transit and parking services
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Professional development support through learning opportunities (internal workshops, external conferences, and organizational projects)
- Merit-driven recognition and performance management programs
- Cell Phone Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Program
- Telecommuting (via remote work from home options)
Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship (NFTE) is a global nonprofit organization that provides high-quality entrepreneurship education to middle and high school students from under-resourced communities, as well as programs for college students and adults. NFTE reaches 50,000+ students annually in 25 states across the U.S. and offers programs in 14 additional countries. We have educated more than a million students through in-school, out-of-school, college, and summer camp programs, offered in person and online. To learn more about how we are promoting inclusive capitalism and building the next generation of diverse entrepreneurs, visit .