Head of Software Engineering – Remote
Numbrs is a Swiss cutting edge technology company developing a smart wallet, which allows users to keep and use all their bank accounts, crypto wallets and loyalty cards in one place. Numbrs’ smart wallet is available in Germany, United Kingdom and Spain.
Thanks to artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML), Numbrs develops breakthrough features that allow users to understand their finances like never before and ultimately improve their financial health.
Numbrs is one of the best-financed FinTechs in Europe and, with a valuation above $1 billion, one of the very few European FinTech unicorns.
We are building a remote team of multidisciplinary experts that are passionate about making a world-changing impact. We’ve built a hardworking and engaging remote culture that combines the best of scientific cutting edge technology with a product-focused environment, offering an ambitious balance of structure and flexibility.
We are seeking an experienced, dedicated, and well-organized Head of Software Engineering to join our remote engineering team. This position will require someone who is adaptable in a changing environment and who is passionate about delivering high quality results in a fast-paced environment.
As Head of Software Engineering, you lead and manage our software development teams. You are responsible to build and maintain a world-class software engineering culture and develop Numbrs as a great place to work. You have the responsibility for project planning and project controlling. You oversee all aspects of the software engineering department to deliver projects with a strong execution-oriented attitude to meet strict deadlines.
With continuous synchronization across multiple departments, you ensure that the product is built according to all requirements. You are responsible that the highest quality guidelines are applied throughout the software development department. You identify and implement measures to improve efficiency, automation possibilities, tools, and processes.
- You find large challenges exciting and enjoy discovering problems as much as solving them.
- You can thrive in a fast-paced environment where attention to detail, excellent communication skills, and a talent for delivering out-of-the-box ideas are essential
- You deliver. You may enjoy thoughtful conversations about problems and perfecting designs, but in the end, you know that what matters is delivering a solution that works every time.
- Resourceful, flexible and adaptable; no task is too big or too small.
- A Bachelor’s or higher degree in the technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- A minimum of 10 years experience in leading engineering positions within fast-paced and fast-evolving environments in technology-driven companies
- Strong technical background in software development with hands-on experience with Java, and Go or C++
- Excellent knowledge with architecting, developing, evolving, and troubleshooting large scale and complex distributed systems
- Hands-on management experience building engineering teams and scaling organizations to deliver and maintain complex systems
- Exceptional organizational talent, able to set priorities and work under pressure
- High-quality standards for every work output
- The direct and straightforward style of communication
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Experience with API design and third-party system integrations
- Excellent knowledge with iOS and Android platforms, and microservice-based architectures
- Experience managing a mixture of remote and on-site team members
What we offer
- An opportunity to work on the most exciting challenges in the financial and crypto industry
- Collaboration with some of the smartest and the most talented experts in technology
- Growth potential. We rapidly advance team members who have an outsized impact
- Fully remote company, at which every person is free to live and work wherever they want
- Flexible time off 25+ holiday days