Data Engineer (SQL, Python, Airflow)
Olive is healthcare’s first intelligent digital workforce and has been successfully deployed at numerous healthcare systems across the country. Olive helps streamline and automate the most high-volume, repetitive tasks so healthcare professionals can concentrate on their patients and solve healthcare’s most challenging problems. Olive’s promise to her customers is that she finds out where she can make an impact, onboards quickly, shows up to work everyday, does her job extremely well, and gets smarter over time.
This role can be 100% remote.
As part of the Data Engineering team, you have proven strengths in software development and a keen desire to understand and work with data. Your work will be instrumental in enabling the rest of Olive to access and draw insights from our data. This team’s primary objective is to work with clinicians and analysts to define what “clean clinical data” means, and programmatically implement processes to provide it. This includes everything from data mapping to ML augmentation, and from orchestrated pipelines to manually curated QA checks.
Why work with us? We are a fast-growing organization, which is utilizing cutting edge technology in order to reinvent the industry. You will be exposed to interesting and challenging projects, where you will be able to satisfy our ever growing desire for reliable, meaningful data, provided to the consumers at rapid scale.
Together with you, our team will build brand new data models, choose and integrate new infrastructure components, and tackle uncountable unknown-unknowns to help Olive become recognized as the thought leader in analytics across industries.
- Build for change. Design and develop flexible and scalable software frameworks to solve immediate and foreseeable problems.
- Maintain high standards. Implement Data Engineering and Software Engineering best practices.
- Keep learning! Evaluate new technologies and services whenever applicable.
- Be part of a professional team. Be friendly and engaged in code reviews, strategy sessions, and retros.
- 3+ years of experience as a Data Engineer, or Software Engineering working with data
- Strong understanding of data pipelines (scalability and performance)
- Mastery of complex data manipulation, beyond simple ELT.
- Experience supporting both technical and business teams
- Expert skills in:
- Python (pandas in particular)
- Git / version control
- Advanced skills in:
- Prefect, Airflow or similar orchestration tools
- Experience working with one or more of the following technology/concepts:
- AWS (Glue, Lambda, S3, RDS, etc)
- Data warehousing (Redshift)
- Experience in data modeling, specifically building relationally and dimensionally to support analytics
Nice to have:
- Experience supporting Machine Learning, and/or incorporating ML into data pipelines
- Background in Healthcare (clinical and claims)
At Olive, we’re committed to growing and empowering an inclusive community within our company and industry. This is why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives across our organization. Research shows that oftentimes women and other minority groups only apply to open roles if they meet 100% of the listed criteria. Olive encourages everyone — including women, people of color, individuals with disabilities and those in the LGBTQIA+ community — to apply for our available positions, even if they don’t necessarily check every box on the job description.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned. This job description does not constitute a contract of employment and Olive AI, Inc. may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time.
We take the health and happiness of our employees seriously and consistently evaluate new ways to provide an amazing place to work. From retirement planning, to a wellness program designed to actively incorporate mental and physical wellness into daily interactions amongst fellow Olivians, we make sure to take care of our own.
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance that starts on your first day at Olive with 100% of premiums covered for team members and 75% covered for dependents
- Monthly Grid stipend to cover work related expenses
- Unlimited PTO
- EAP/Mental health resources
- Getaways by Marriott Bonvoy
- Family-building and fertility support via Kindbody
- 12 weeks of parental leave
- 401(K) match
- Wellness program
- Stock Options
Apply for this job