Implementation Analyst (Payroll/Accounting)
April 5, 2021
United States (Remote)
Imagine yourself here!
OpenGov is a mission driven fast-growth, Series D, venture backed startup (includes Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, and Emerson Collective). Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world).
OpenGov is the leader in modern cloud ERP software for our nation’s cities, counties, and state agencies. We have surpassed 1,000+ governments (and growing fast!) using our products in our mission to power more effective and accountable government.
OpenGov is a 2021 Top Workplaces USA award winner!
About the role:
OpenGov seeks to expand its talented Professional Services team with a technically oriented, hands-on Implementation Analyst. The IA is a key member of the team that implements the OpenGov solutions, helping OpenGov customers maximize value from our solutions via a complete, quick and smooth implementation.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for driving a successful customer implementation from start to finish, setting the underlying foundation of their OpenGov platform, while promoting maximum value for their investment in OpenGov. As a trusted advisor with deep product knowledge, you’ll understand the customer’s goals, pain points, and workflows. As a result, you’ll immerse yourself in both our internal operations and the user experience to be able to impartially advocate for OpenGov and our customers.
***Payroll/HCM/Accounting implementations are required***
• Be the primary technical point of contact for new customers deploying OpenGov, or those expanding to implement additional functionality.
• Drive and manage new customer implementations from start to finish.
• Confirm customer requirements and needs and provide guidance, assistance, and support to customers in the technical platform configuration.
• Ensure receipt of appropriate datasets from customer, match them to the platform structure, upload them into the system and manipulate them to generate the desired customer views and behaviors.
• Administer training to users.
• Interact directly with government Finance and Budget Directors daily, guide them through the process, and empower them to become our advocates and successful administrators of their OpenGov software platform.
• Understand customer pain points and partner with cross-functional teams to simplify, enhance and automate existing processes that will improve customer workflow.
• Work closely with the project management, Customer Success Management, and Integration management teams to facilitate and drive a consistent customer experience and ensure successful projects and training for new customers.
• Leverage and continually develop best practices for each data environment and customer vertical to assist in future implementation efficiencies.
• Compliment key product discussions by gathering and communicating customer feedback and feature requests to ensure OpenGov is a “must have solution.”
Our Ideal Candidate Has:
• 2+ years of experience in Payroll/HCM implementation
• 2+ years of experience of software implementation consulting or transferrable work.
• Strong experience in implementing Payroll/HCM systems.
• Knowledge and experience in analyzing and reporting large volumes of data.
• Strong Excel skills, including using functions/ formulas to format data such as v-lookup, pivot tables, error-checking, and developing properly formatted reports.
• Excellent interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication skill, teamwork, and customer service mentality.
• Ability to provide clear and effective phone support, assistance, and recommendations to build positive relationships with customers.
• Track record of working in a fast-paced environment while balancing internal procedures and process improvements, all while collaborating with team members.
• Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing product and respond strategically to customer needs.
• Passion for solving customer problems and joy from data management
• Experience with government budgeting concepts and practices and/or finance/budgeting solutions is a plus.
• ETL tools, ETL report creation, macros and visual basic are not required, but highly desirable.
What makes OpenGov unique
» Leadership: CEO Zac Bookman (MPA from Harvard and JD from Yale) is truly a mission-driven CEO. He was named one of the 100 most Intriguing Entrepreneurs by Goldman Sachs and SF Business Times’ 40 under 40 class of 2018!
» Funding: $140 million, Series D company, from top tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, 8VC, and Emerson Collective. Click here to read more about our latest round of funding!
» Board of Directors: Includes iconic executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO), Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world), Katherine August-deWilde (Vice Chair of First Republic Bank), and Amy Pressman (co-founder, former president, and a current board member of Medallia).
» Growth: Double growth with 1,000+ governments (and counting) using our products!
» Culture: Winner of 2021 Top Workplaces USA award and 50 Best Workplaces award. Check out our Careers Video!
» Perks: 90% paid Medical/Dental/Vision premium for employees, fully paid Life and Short/Long term disability insurance, Unlimited PTO, Parental Leave policy, monthly fitness stipend, anniversary awards, and more!
» Product: Named a Tech Pioneer by the World Economic Forum, we are the leader in cloud ERP software for our nation’s cities, counties, and state agencies.
» Mission Driven: We are a technology company helping out our communities, cities, and states. We’re powering more effective and accountable government.
Come join us and make a positive social impact!