Strategic Account Manager (Remote US – Chicago)
PagerDuty is interviewing, onboarding, and working 100% virtually at this time. As we look to the future, we plan to be distributed by design, meaning unless your job requirements make it necessary to be in a PagerDuty office, you may choose to work in-office, remotely, or hybrid. We’re focused on inclusion and employee well-being by building a culture that isn’t location specific, and gives equal opportunity to everyone—regardless of where you are working.
PagerDuty, Inc. (NYSE:PD) is a global leader in digital operations management, serving over 13,800 customers and 700,000 users worldwide, including 60% of the Fortune 100.
Led by CEO Jennifer Tejada, 50% of our board of directors is comprised of women, 45% of our managers are from underrepresented groups, and we are a proud member of the Pledge 1% Movement, committed to donating 1% Equity, 1% Employee time, and 1% Product to accelerate change in our communities.
We’re growing fast and looking for ambitious people who share our values and customer devotion mindset to join our high caliber team.
From how we build our teams to who sits in the boardroom, we hope you can see yourself at PagerDuty.
- You will be interacting, influencing, and developing relationships with individual contributors, mid-level management and the C-suite, to drive their digital transformation strategy with market-leading enterprise customers.
- Specific activities will include: Lead a cross-functional account team in the development and execution of detailed account plans/strategies to grow existing relationships AND secure new logo customers (e.g. Marketing, Solution Consulting, Customer Success, Business Value, ISRs, BDRs and partner teams).
- Maintain hyper focus on identifying pain in a customer’s environment and develop a business-orient point of view that compels them to act to solve for it.
- Generate revenue by selling, managing, and developing existing client relationships.
- Continuously “connect the dots” within your account base to develop broad relationships and engagement across targeted teams and leadership.
- Ability to drive an “AND” business, which mates our frictionless, transactional sales model with a strategic, large deal selling motion, where each is applicable.
- Prioritize opportunities and coordinate with your internal team to provide the best customer experience and ensure 100% satisfaction.
- Meet and exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual quota.
- Use our sales methodology and processes optimally for all lead management and sales forecasting.
- Foster and accelerate a strong eco-system partner relationships to expand market coverage, awareness and penetration within your territory.
- Dedication to conducting pipeline generation and account research.
- Embrace our #takethelead and #runtogether values by continuously learning from feedback and experiences to be better and make your team better.
- 6+ years experience in field sales.
- Maniacal focus on enabling Customer Success.
- Experience leading a consultative sales approach in a multi-product, complex software environment.
- Creativity, intellectual curiosity, business acumen, technical competence, and grit.
- Ability to qualify, execute, and close business opportunities under minimum guidance.
- Positive can-do attitude with a demonstrated track record in building, managing, and delivering high performing sales results.
- Strong presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
Desired Skills and Experiences:
- Experience selling to Fortune 500 enterprise companies.
- Advanced knowledge around DevOps.
- Strong technical acumen, knowledge of engineering culture, and the ability to relate to the customer.
- BS/BA Degree or higher or proven relevant work experience preferred.
Not sure if you qualify?
Apply anyway! We extend opportunities to a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you're new to the corporate world, returning to work after a gap in employment, or simply looking to transition or take the next step in your career path, we are excited to connect with you.
We are dedicated to providing a culture where our people are happy, enabled and inspired to do their best. One of the ways we do this is by developing a comprehensive total rewards approach that supports all of our people and their loved ones. As a global organization, our programs are competitive with industry standards and aligned with local laws and regulations.
Your package may include:
- Competitive salary and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package from day one
- ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Program)
- Retirement or pension plan
- Paid parental leave – up to 22 weeks for pregnant parent, up to 12 weeks for non-pregnant parent (some countries have longer leave standards and we comply with local laws)
- Generous paid vacation time
- Paid holidays and sick leave
- Paid employee volunteer time – 20 hours per year
- Bi-annual company-wide hack weeks
- Mental wellness programs
PagerDuty is a digital operations management platform that empowers the right action, when seconds matter.
For the teams who build and run digital systems, PagerDuty is the best way to manage the urgent, mission-critical work that is essential to keeping digital services always on. We make it easy to handle any unplanned task, event, or opportunity, right away.
At PagerDuty, we believe you do your best work in a culture that fosters inclusion, well-being, and innovation. As a Dutonian, you will have ample opportunities to advance your career and connect with colleagues: virtual all hands calls, learning & development programs, bi-annual hack weeks, volunteering events, ERGs (employee-run groups focused on cultivating a sense of belonging for all) – there’s something for everyone. Learn more on Instagram, @pagerdutylife.
The questions posed in the following voluntary questionnaire are required under applicable laws and cannot be edited by PagerDuty. Although you may not see your identity reflected in the dropdown response options and feel unseen, you are encouraged to bring your full self as a candidate and a Dutonian.