Information Technology Manager (IT Manager) – Remote
Who we are
At Path we believe behavioral health should be treated with the same respect, rigor, and focus of other chronic diseases. We’re building the future of mental health, and in 20 years we’ll look back and be astounded that we ever treated the physical before the mental.
What we’re solving
Over 65 million Americans suffer from a treatable mental health issue – that’s 1 out of every 5 people. Today it’s difficult to find a provider, and for those with complicated conditions, it’s nearly impossible to find coordinated care. We’re here to fix this.
How we’re solving
Path is at the intersection of tech + mental health with thousands of therapists, psychiatrists, and other mental health services delivering care through a virtual first approach. Our platform matches patients with exactly the right person for their needs, whether it’s experience with a certain condition, gender, race, location, life experience, etc.
Path is growing rapidly to hundreds of employees. We need an excellent IT team to support the company. Today, IT is managed part-time through the engineering organization. We have all of the usual challenges that come with rapid employee growth as a remote company, with an added layer of complexity around managing healthcare information. We know that setting up IT well will be crucial to the success of the company and are excited to partner with someone to make this a reality.
In this role, you will:
- Build Path’s IT organization from the ground up as a hands-on leader – hiring, mentoring, and hands-on career development. This is an individual role today, but this team will grow over time, and there’s an opportunity to manage the whole function for the right person.
- Help onboard, offboard, and support employees through their full lifecycle at the company. Path is a remote company, so this includes provisioning and deprovisioning physical devices from afar.
- Identify, purchase, and manage the necessary tools and systems for employees to be effective. These include things like multi-factor authentication, mobile device management, identity providers, single sign-on, etc.
- Your team will manage our identity and access management controls (Okta, AWS)
- Your team will manage our cloud enterprise services (Google Workspace, Zoom, Slack, …)
- Your team will manage our employee macOS devices
- Your team will manage our endpoint security solutions. Path takes patient information extremely seriously.
- Help define, refine and enforce ITGC for SOX compliance (Access, security, data backup, change management).
- Identify IT best practices that will benefit Path and lead the team to adopt them
- Collaborate with leaders across Path to ensure that IT best supports their efforts
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 4+ years of managing IT engineers and leads, with team-building experience
- You have been in a lead role within an IT organization, working cross-functionally across the company
- Experience managing cloud enterprise services, enterprise identity, and access management, and macOS devices.
- Experience hiring, mentoring, coaching, and developing top IT talent
- Experience implementing security compliance standards for IT systems such as SOX, ISO27000, NIST 800, ISO 31000, etc.
- [Bonus] experience developing systems in a HIPAA compliant environment
- [Bonus] experience working in a start-up environment
Path is a respectful, upbeat, and remote-first team united by our mission of simplifying behavioral healthcare services. We want our employees to be themselves and celebrate each other's differences. We trust our employees to do what’s best for patients and our fellow team-members without bureaucracy. We prioritize self care and are building a sustainable business for the long term.
As Part Of Our Team, You'll Receive
- The ability to work from wherever you want within the US
- Competitive pay and benefits that don't change based on your location
- Unlimited paid time off and flexible scheduling, along with 2 company-wide shutdown weeks each year to focus on self-care
- Paid parental leave to support you and your family
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance through our employer plan
- Access to an Employer Assistance Plan (EAP) through our insurance plan
- The equipment you need to ensure your home office sets you up for success