Pernix Consulting is seeking a Cloud Architect to support out federal government client in Arlington, VA. The Cloud Architect will lead the strategic and tactical planning for migrating to the cloud and refactoring applications to leverage cloud capabilities, services, and resources.
Clearance required: Secret
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university; an advanced degree is preferred;
- A minimum of seven (7) years of experience in the design, creation and management of cloud-based infrastructure, including virtual networks and virtual machines;
- Experience implementing Azure Active Directory federation between an on-premises environment and a cloud environment;
- A minimum of four (4) years of experience of the Microsoft Azure cloud environment required, as this position will require the candidate to design, implement and manage both IaaS and PaaS Azure offerings;
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS) and/or ARC-P cloud environments is desirable;
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience using the Jenkins or Microsoft DevOps for continuous integration and continuous delivery is required;
- Experience with transforming development and testing environments from on-premises to cloud-based;
- Experience in design, configuration and maintenance of IaaS in Azure or AWS (Azure is preferred);
- Experience in automation/configuration management (PowerShell Desired State Configuration (DSC), Chef or equivalent); and
- Experience with source code repositories such as GIT, SVN, Microsoft DevOps, MS DEVOPS, or equivalent.