Human Resources Director
Human Resources Director
Job Location: US-VA-Northern Virginia – allows remote
Clearance Level: None
FTE with benefits
Pernix Consulting, LLC is seeking a Human Resources Director to support our corporate headquarters in Northern Virginia. The Director of Human Resources (HR) leads both strategic and tactical activities associated with key HR functions including performance management, employee relations, benefits, recruiting, compensation, and compliance. The position supports a population of employees located in multiple states and reports to the VP of Operations.
- Manage the company’s overall recruiting process, developing comprehensive recruiting and retention plans to meet the resource needs of the organization.
- Develop and implements HR policies and practices that support a healthy and inclusive organizational culture and ensure consistency throughout the organization.
- Stay informed of changes in employment law to ensure that policies and practices are up to date and in compliance for all states in which Pernix employs staff.
- Ensure the company is in compliance with all applicable Department of Labor reporting requirements (e.g., EEO-1, VETS-4212, AAPs).
- Resolve sensitive employee relations issues with the goal of promoting a positive work environment characterized by high employee morale.
- Determine components of, implements, and manages all employee benefits programs and determines their competitiveness; leads the annual open enrollment process.
- Manager the annual performance review process; provides ongoing coaching and counseling to managers and staff regarding performance management.
- Recommends compensation strategies to enhance recruitment and retention.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by executive management
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in a related field, equivalent experience considered in lieu of a degree
- 5 years or more experience in managing core HR functions in compliance, employee welfare, and benefits programs
- SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) or SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) certification is required
- Self-starter with the ability to navigate in an ambiguous environment
- Excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment
- Ability to work as a team member, as well as independently
Pernix Consulting, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.