Backend Engineer (Python) – UK, Remote
Plentific is one of the fastest growing property technology companies in the world, backed by renowned investors including Brookfield, Highland Europe, A/O Proptech, Target Global and Mubadala. We are headquartered in London, UK, with offices in Germany, USA and Turkey. Our mission is to improve lives by making property work better for everyone. We do so by streamlining how repairs, maintenance and compliance services are delivered. Our platform gives clients rich insight into management, operational and performance data, helping them deliver their customer service promise, while optimising supplier costs and adhering to their environmental, social and governance goals.
Come and be a part of:
- A leading Proptech with a global footprint and an HQ in heart of London’s bustling centre
- A diverse, multicultural workplace with over 30 nationalities amongst our employees
- A stimulating atmosphere and fast-paced growth led by our recent $100m funding round
- A flexible work culture and a number of programmes built around your physical and mental wellbeing
Developing acclaimed technology is only possible when we’ve got a great team on our side. Our culture is open and empowering. If you are passionate and driven, you will fit right in.
We’re looking for an experienced Python/Django engineer to join the engineering team. You’ll be working alongside a highly technical and motivated team and report to the technical co-founder. You would be expected to apply fundamental engineering and mathematical skills to solve problems and overcome challenges, not just develop code. For people with the right mindset, this frame of mind provides an intellectually stimulating environment.
The engineering team sits at the centre of everything we do at Plentific and is constantly tackling challenging problems, such as online payments, quoting, invoicing, booking, search / scoring algorithms, ETL, data pipelines, in-app messaging, real-time notifications and fraud prevention. Our backend engineers mostly work with Python and Django on an increasingly more service-oriented architecture. The rest of the tech stack include Django REST Framework, PostgreSQL, PostGIS, AWS, ES6, React.js, Alt.js, Node.js, Express, Amazon Redshift, Kubernetes, Docker, Redis, Celery, Pandas, Numpy, Scrapy, Git with Zenhub, Jenkins, Elasticsearch, Logstash and lots of raw SQL for analytics. We have a very large but clean code base as we put significant emphasis on design patterns, code readability, testability, maintainability and extendability.
- Work with product owners, product managers, user interface designers and other software engineers to write technical documents that identify software project requirements
- Write well-formulated, testable and readable code using appropriate software design patterns
- Design, build and maintain APIs, microservices and data pipelines
- Design, normalise and optimise relational databases
- Write complex SQL queries to get data from the database
- Optimise APIs and database queries to improve speed of execution
- Participate in code reviews
- Debug and fix bugs across our applications
- Review, maintain and refactor existing code to meet the requirements for improved or new features
- Write technical documentation of code, algorithms and APIs
- Help in drafting of end-user manuals
- 3+ years software development experience using Python and Django
- Strong computer science fundamentals such as data structures, algorithms, discrete mathematics, software design patterns
- Experience in relational database management and SQL query optimisation
- Passion for writing clean, modular, well-commented, readable and reusable code
- Ability to think out of the box with a can-do attitude to get things done efficiently
- Excellent communication skills with ability to articulate technical concepts in plain English
- BSc (at least 2:1) essential in computer science, engineering, computational physics, mathematics or another field with strong computational curriculum. MSc/PhD in similar subjects desirable
As you can see, we have big plans and are eager to grow our team of dreamers and doers to achieve our vision of managing over 1 million properties through our platform across various countries. You can help us shape the future of property management. Here’s what we offer:
- A competitive compensation package.
- Private health care including discounted gym membership.
- Learning and development fund.
- A remote-friendly working environment + 23 days annual holiday.
- Home office allowance.
- A head office in London Bridge (less than 2 mins from Borough Market).
- An inherently diverse culture with over 18 nationalities and 21 languages spoken.