WHEN open_positions = 'awesome new role' THEN 'pleo product analyst'
) AS my_new_role
data_manipulation = 'SQL';
If you haven’t raised your eyebrows so far, we are on the right track. You might be just the one that our Products analytics team is looking for.
The Product Analytics team’s mission is to inform intelligent product development through experimentation, analysis, and visualization. As a Product Analyst, you will be involved in the full life-cycle of product development and impact how we design, measure, evaluate and iterate. One could say that If this role was written on paper it would be twofold – but there is no paper – we really dislike it, part of our “eliminating expense reports and changing the interface of spending” mission that you'd be a part of!
So, here are the two main focus areas for this role:
- Making better decisions: Unraveling the mysteries of data: What to track – how to better analyse the behaviour of our users, all these things? Are you able to navigate in uncharted waters and make your team and stakeholders follow you there?
- Testing: Of course it's testing, you saw that coming. Multivariate tests, A/B tests, anything it takes to improve experiences. We love our users!
All in all, you’ll be contributing to building simple and functional products, working with the latest (and greatest!) tools and tech such as Segment, Amplitude, DBT and Google BigQuery, improving yourself and others through a dynamic and passionate team working environment.
So if you are excited about inter-department collaborations, being part of diverse teams (PM's, Analysts and Engineers), extracting insights from user behavioural data while also having fun getting a daily dose of nerdy memes and news in slack, updates on the latest trends in tech, new frameworks, and practices, if you like engaging in social activities from Pleo dinners to teaching non-tech people how to code, keep reading. But also remember, while bringing your perspective and diversity, you must also leave your ego by the door. At Pleo, we believe in autonomy, trust, and support, shaping our teams with a Remote-first mindset being able to work efficiently through CEST and EST time zones. From virtual coffees to remote-friendly meeting setups and thorough documentation, you can feel the beat and energy that flows in our offices.
You will thrive in this role if:
- You are curious and obsessed with data, and feel confident to independently work with large data sets. You have data analysis and reporting skills (including data auditing, aggregation, validation, and reconciliation) and experience in data visualization.
- You think systematically about how we can create and evolve frameworks to instrument all Pleo's products (both client-facing and internal) to empower the rest of the organisation with awesome data.
- You can connect the dots and read in-between the lines and combine statistical and business perspectives to uncover the underlying story in any data.
- You have experience working with SQL databases or similar and you have likely worked with tracking tools like Amplitude, Tableau, Metabase, Periscope, Google Data Studio, or Looker. Programming experience, especially Python, is a big plus!
- You find payment fascinating and enjoy the complex interplay in the payment ecosystem between various partners and technologies and what opportunities it provides in turning it into delightful solutions for end-users.
The nitty-gritty skills needed
- SQL (bonus points if you are skilled in R or Python as well 🙂 )
- Good knowledge of statistics
- Experience working with digital products that have UX
- Analytical mindset
- Good at presenting the conclusions and putting them in context
- Running Multivariate/ AB testing
Your colleagues say you
- Work in English with ease (it's our company language)
- Are easy to work with
- Are very curious about the story and the people behind the data
- Gets things done
- Are a person they would also enjoy having a coffee with (virtual or not)
Your mom says that you
- Love knowing how things work
- Take on challenges
- Love to get things done
- Keep arranging the magnets on the fridge
- Asked a lot of questions as a kid
Show me the benefits!
- Get your own Pleo card for no out of pocket spending, and full autonomy
- Flexible working remote options for those onsite (just speak to your team)
- Quarterly trips to somewhere for team camps (both company-wide ones and team-specific ones). The last one was Spain in September this year, including a drag queen show!!!
- Investment in learning & developing (just check with your team for what's reasonable, we don't have set budgets)
- If you're here in Copenhagen's HQ: catered lunch in the office
And here are some other nice gestures that we do
– Loads of weird and wonderful niche communities to join in the company (we're talking guerrilla gardening, liquids tasting, the Pleo band, learning to code initiatives, that type of thing)
– Wild enthusiasm and encouragement from us if you want to host MeetUps, events, etc – we'll help (venue, food etc)
Working at Pleo means you're working on something very exciting: the future of work. Through fintech we've seen a way to impact how people work; we think company spending should be delegated to all employees and teams, that it should be as automated as possible, and that it should drive a culture of responsible spending. Based on some pretty amazing Series C-round investment in 2021 we think we're onto something big.
So, in a nutshell, that's Pleo. Today we are a 400+ team, from over 54 nations, sitting in our Copenhagen HQ, London, Stockholm, Berlin, Madrid, Montreal, or Lisbon offices – and quite a few full-time remotes in 22 other countries! Being HQ'd out of Copenhagen means we're inspired by sensible things like a good work-life balance. If you don't work in the office with us we'll help you get up the best remote setup possible, and will fly you in once a quarter for team camps.
Things to look up about us
Sometimes, we win awards
If you want to know how we hire company-wide, there's a post on our blog.
Or have a sneak peek into what happens when get together for Pleo Team Camp on our YouTube
Check out what we think about the realities of working remotely on our blog.
No one says it quite like our customers. Hear what they have to say this week on Trustpilot.
Also, check out Glassdoor if you'd like to hear about us from other people.
PS. we treat all candidates equally: If you are interested please apply through our application system – any correspondence should come from there! Our lovely support isn't able to pass on any calls/ emails our way – and this makes sure that the candidate experience is smooth and fair to everyone