Senior Python Engineer
Plugable is a US-based global electronics brand that offers its products to millions of customers via dozens of e-commerce marketplaces. The key to our success is connecting and automating these systems.
If you are looking to work for a small company that lives by its values and empowers individuals to be their best selves while contributing to the company’s success, then explore Plugable’s career opportunities.
Even if your experience and skills do not exactly match the job description, we value passion and curiosity and recognize that everyone comes with a unique background and perspective. If you’re not sure if you meet the qualifications of the role, we encourage you to apply anyway!
SENIOR PROGRAMMING ENGINEER
Remote – Anywhere in the U.S. or Canada
The Senior Programming Engineer will be the solo programming architect and engineer for Plugable’s internal software creation and automation. The ideal candidate will need the passion to take the systems to the next level, as Plugable reaches new heights. The role requires previous experience leading teams, strong knowledge of Python language features and libraries, with AWS + GCP as platforms. We do many integrations with Google Sheets, Data Studio, BigQuery, and use AWS S3, RDS, DynamoDB, EC2, Lambda, and many e-commerce services via their APIs.
Plugable is a small scale-up company rooted from Amazon success. You will work on all aspects of our business, implement features across our codebase, be empowered to directly prioritize requests for automation, design, and code solutions, and work with other team members of the company to educate and roll those out.
Our code is well-structured and uses ‘Pythonic’ features like list and dictionary comprehensions. We use Scrum for project management, and all code is in Git. We value good discipline and a practical focus on keeping our code as simple as possible to solve the problem at hand.
This is an excellent opportunity for a programmer who is practical about not over-engineering or completely rewriting internal systems, yet is proud to design and implement solutions on their own. This requires strong programming skills, plus communication and collaboration/agility skills combined with urgency to drive success and think outside the box. You will collaborate with all departments to improve our organization and processes, and identify and solve various issues and opportunities supporting Plugable’s mission.
- Design and develop ecommerce automation spanning more than two dozen APIs, pushing to Plugable’s data lake, and connecting with our in-house ERP
- Collaborate with internal and external teams to understand user needs and requirements; drafts initial proposal and design of software to meet these needs
- Develop code in Python 3.8+
- Execute on Amazon and Google cloud services
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What skills will make you a good fit?
- Able to fluently code solutions in Python 3.8+
- Strong database design thinking, and SQL programming skills
- Ability to think about data and execution security in-depth
- Ability to select, design, and program to platform APIs, including:
- AWS EC2, S3, CloudWatch, Lambda, RDS, DynamoDB, Secrets Manager, etc
- Google Sheets, Drive, Workspace API, BigQuery, Cloud, Data Fusion
- Amazon Marketplace Web Service (MWS) / Seller Partner API (SP-API) and other marketplace API(s)
- Git / GitHub, Trello, cron
- Plus a range of e-commerce APIs to gather and manipulate data to solve problems (primarily e-commerce related)
Preferred Education and Experience
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of experience as a software developer, where you have been the primary contributor or leader. Open source projects you can point to are a plus.
- Fun yet professional team across North America
- Generous PTO plan
- Flexible schedule
- Medical, Vision, and Dental with 100% employee coverage + 50% dependent coverage
- Profit-sharing program and matching retirement program
- Professional Development allowance
- Wellness perks
- Plugable Products perks
- And so much more
Please ensure your website/portfolio is in the body of the email. Please include your GitHub repos or similar, LinkedIn, and attach your resume. Thank you!
Salary Range: $120k-$170k