MySQL Database Administrator
PointClickCare - Company site
June 3, 2022
For more than 20 years, PointClickCare has been the backbone of senior care. We’ve amassed the richest senior care dataset making our market density untouchable and our connections to the healthcare ecosystem exponentially more powerful than those of any other platform.
With Collective Medical & Audacious Inquiry, we’ve become the most expansive, full-continuum care collaboration network, offering care teams immediate, point-of-care access to deep, real-time insights at every stage of a patient’s journey.
For more information on PointClickCare, please connect with us on Glassdoor and LinkedIn.
The Database Administrator plays an important role as part of a growing team that is responsible for building, maintaining, monitoring and troubleshooting the database infrastructure that our mission critical SaaS runs on.
What you’ll be doing day to day:
· Manage and operate medium and large-sized production database systems across multiple data centers – including MySQL Server (v5.7/8.0) on Linux (Ubuntu) and PostgreSQL.
· Provide direct operational support across all areas of the production database infrastructure: database clusters, release management, performance monitoring and troubleshooting, and capacity and disaster planning.
· Install, configure and deploy MySQL Servers. Perform capacity planning, performance turning, monitoring, troubleshooting and optimization of the databases.
· Assist in designing Backup and Recovery strategies.
· Develop and maintain documentation on systems management and operational procedures. Follow operational policies and processes that are compliant with ITIL standards. Participate in change control procedures.
· Given the 24×7 nature of PointClickCare and its use, this person will be required to work after hours and on weekends when necessary and provide on-call support for production related systems issues on a rotating basis with other team members.
· Install and configure MySQL (v5.7/8.0) database servers on Ubuntu both standalone and clustered
· Provide day to day database support and maintenance
· Investigate and resolve database issues
· Stage and deploy database changes to production
· Setup and manage access and security control
· Monitor production system and proactively optimize database performance
· Document operational procedures and processes
· Provide after-hours on-call support on a rotational basis and as required
Skills and experience we’re looking for:
· 5+ years experience with supporting a multi-tenanted hosting infrastructure with hundreds of customers
· Experience with MySQL replication and log shipping/mirroring
· Experience with Percona MySQL tools
· Experience with Galera clustering technologies
· Skills with T-SQL and query tuning
· Scripting and other automation techniques
· Knowledge of PostgreSQL
· Willing and available for on-call (after hours) rotation, some weekend work for maintenance and understanding of the obligations of participating on a team that provides 24×7 support
· Practical experience working within an ITIL or ISO based environment with established SLA’s and SOP’s
Working at PointClickCare goes beyond the resume, because the work we perform makes a true difference in people’s lives. We build innovative healthcare technology for seniors and their caregivers that improve their quality of life and well-being on a daily basis. We believe work is so much more meaningful when you’re doing it with a higher purpose.
For more information on PointClickCare, please visit us on Glassdoor and LinkedIn
It is the policy of PointClickCare to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, religion, national origin, status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law. PointClickCare welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please contact ** Redacted ** should you require any accommodations.
PointClickCare is committed to Information Security. By applying to this position, if hired, you commit to following our information security policies and procedures and making every effort to secure confidential and/or sensitive information.