Principal/Senior SQL Server DBA (Cloud)
PointClickCare - Company site
August 25, 2021
Remote or Head Office
PointClickCare is the leading North American cloud-based healthcare software for the acute and long-term and post-acute care markets. For over 20 years, the company has held the same vision – to help the world care for vulnerable populations. Since its inception, PointClickCare has grown exponentially with over 1,700 employees today all working towards impacting the lives of millions. Recognized by Forbes as one of the Top 100 Private Cloud Companies and acknowledged by Waterstone Human Capital as Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Culture, PointClickCare leads the way in creating cloud-based software. With its recent acquisition of Collective Medical, PointClickCare solidifies its position as a high growth healthcare software provider, serving over 21,000 long-term and post-acute care providers and over 1,300 hospitals. Their shared mission to support vulnerable populations is allowing PointClickCare and Collective Medical to connect disparate points of care at scale faster than anyone else in the market.
For more information on PointClickCare, please connect with us on Glassdoor and LinkedIn.
The Principal/Senior SQL Server DBA plays an important role as part of a growing team that is responsible for manage, building, maintaining, monitoring and troubleshooting the cloud based database infrastructure that our mission critical SaaS application runs on.
· Manage and operate large scale production database systems across multiple Azure regions.
· Provide direct operational support across all areas of the production database infrastructure including high availability, database replication, release management and disaster planning.
· Install, configure and deploy MS SQL Server using automation and infrastructure as code
· Perform capacity planning, performance turning, monitoring, troubleshooting, patching and optimization of the databases.
· Assist in designing Backup, Recovery and DR strategies.
· Develop automation of the database processes, tasks and procedures.
· Develop and maintain documentation on systems management and operational procedures.
· Follow operational policies and processes that are compliant with ITIL standards. Participate in change control procedures.
· Resolve critical infrastructure incidents as part of on call rotation
· Provide root cause analysis and/or proactively provide recommendations to prevent issues from surfacing
· Work with Engineering teams to optimize queries
· Stay up to date with the trends in the database industry. Use that knowledge to help shape our future database infrastructure.
Required Experience / skills:
· 7+ Years Experience in a large scale, mission critical MS SQL Server environment
· Extensive experience in performance tuning and troubleshooting
· Experience working with SQL Server databases in the cloud (Azure preferred – specifically SQL Managed Instance and SQL Database)
· Installed and configured database servers (MS SQL 2016+) using various high availability technologies such as Availability Groups and Failover Cluster Instances.
· Experience working with Multi-TB highly transactional databases
· Experience with supporting a multi-tenanted hosting infrastructure with thousands of customers
· Develop and Adhere to strong security practices with regards to Authentication, Authorization and Encryption
· Experience automating infrastructure deployment using tools such as Ansible or Teraform
· Stage and deploy database changes to production
· Document operational procedures and processes
· Takes an evidence-based approach to all troubleshooting and recommendations
· Strong communication skills. You are comfortable speaking and presenting to senior leadership. You can take a potentially complex topic and present to people of various skill levels (junior to architect)
Other Desirable Skills:
· Working knowledge of Cloud infrastructure beyond the database (i.e. networking, security and access control, storage, cost optimization, etc..)
· Experience in other database systems such as MySQL, Postgres, and flavours of NoSQL Databases (such as Cosmos DB, Influx DB)
· Knowledge of Git and JIRA
It is the policy of PointClickCare to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, religion, national origin, status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law. PointClickCare welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please contact ** Redacted ** should you require any accommodations.