Senior Information Security Analyst
PointClickCare ( View website )
June 9, 2021
Remote or Head Office
PointClickCare is the leading North American cloud-based healthcare software for the acute and long-term and post-acute care markets. For over 20 years, the company has held the same vision – to help the world care for vulnerable populations. Since its inception, PointClickCare has grown exponentially with over 1,700 employees today all working towards impacting the lives of millions. Recognized by Forbes as one of the Top 100 Private Cloud Companies and acknowledged by Waterstone Human Capital as Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Culture, PointClickCare leads the way in creating cloud-based software. With its recent acquisition of Collective Medical, PointClickCare solidifies its position as a high growth healthcare software provider, serving over 21,000 long-term and post-acute care providers and over 1,300 hospitals. Their shared mission to support vulnerable populations is allowing PointClickCare and Collective Medical to connect disparate points of care at scale faster than anyone else in the market.
For more information on PointClickCare, please connect with us on Glassdoor and LinkedIn.
We are looking for a talented, experienced Information Security Analyst.
You will play a foundational role in supporting the security posture of PointClickCare’s SaaS offering and corporate technology environments in Azure and AWS and some remaining premise environments. You will be successful in your role by understanding security and compliance standards for health care (HIPAA/HITECH/PIPEDA), building relationships with stakeholders, and consulting and managing a full range of controls with the Security & Trust Team. You are expected to have a significant impact across our environments and become an invaluable, leading resource to ensure the highest level of integrity and reliability in identifying, detecting, preventing, investigating, containing, and resolving information security threats and proactively addressing security vulnerabilities.
The Senior Information Security Analyst will plan and carry out security measures to protect PointClickCare’s environments. The Senior Analyst will be responsible for identifying opportunities for improvement in security posture in collaboration with other security team members and other PointClickCare business units. The Senior Analyst will act as lead on specific cloud (Azure/AWS) projects and technologies and assuring the effective implementation and management of security tools as we continue to improve information security at PointClickCare.
Successful candidate must have a strong understanding to support:
· Provide 2nd level Security support for Cloud Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) system and incident response/escalation as appropriate
· Lead the implementation, configuration, and daily operation of Information Security technologies that are implemented in PCC cloud environments and on premise
· Investigate, create, and recommend innovative technologies or other methods that will enhance the security of cloud based environments
· Manage and support Security technologies across different business units
· Monitor and advise on Information Security compliance related to IT to ensure Security controls are functioning appropriately
· Support the ongoing Security control processes within the enterprise which includes security technologies, networks, information systems, and endpoints both on premise and in the cloud
· Build strong partnerships with technical teams to promote best practices for managing vulnerabilities in an agile manner and within cloud solutions
· Develop and implement Information Security metrics, measurement criteria and reporting to ensure compliance and continuous improvement for cloud tools and environments
· Participate and lead new projects as needed.
· Manage, maintain, and administer security monitoring & alerting systems and processes, ensuring ongoing visibility into the security of our environments
· Effectively liaise and communicate with the Operations, Corporate Technology Services and key business stakeholders and management regarding information security incident events and trends
· Perform timely threat risk assessment (TRA) for on-premise applications and systems as well as cloud-based solutions and facilitate remediation tasks with other operational teams.
· Assist with the design of processes and procedures for public cloud integration
· Recommend security processes and procedures, plans, technologies, and priorities needed for improvements to PointClickCare’s on-premise and cloud security controls
· Assist with guidance on cloud security architecture, practices & solutions to help build & deliver solutions that meet PointClickCare’s security requirements;
· Act as a subject matter expert on evaluating and testing security solutions and technologies, aligned with on-premise and Cloud security platforms
· Proactively evolve PointClickCare’s security policies and procedures to stay aligned with the security industry best practices. Develop and improve internal processes, policies, standards, baselines to manage information security across PointClickCare
· Research the latest information technology security trends, best practices, threats, and potential vulnerabilities, participate in developing security standards and best practices appropriate for PointClickCare and recommend security enhancements to Security team leadership
· Experience in public cloud information security, such as AWS, or Azure
· Good understanding of Azure infrastructure components: server, storage, network, data, and applications (IAAS/PAAS/SAAS)
· A good understanding of modern, cloud centric architecture and DevOps principles
· Demonstrated experience developing SIEM alerts and IPS, IDS signatures with a preference for cloud native SIEM solutions
· Experience with the cloud operational aspects of systems such as monitoring, centralized logging, and alerting with relevant tools
· Works well under pressure and time constraints and can prioritize competing priorities appropriately
· Ability to build and work with multi-disciplinary teams to achieve goals and to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
· Well versed in internet architectures, including web, application, and database components such as Apache, IIS, MySQL, SQL Server, etc.
· At least 2 years of experience in a cybersecurity operations role, preferably supporting security in a public cloud (AWS, Azure)
· Good working knowledge of Microsoft O365, Azure, Windows, Clients, and Networking.
· Experience with UEBA and other Cloud Security Compliance and Analytics Platforms.
· General Networking skills required (Layer 2 & 3 switches, OSI Model, TCP/IP, SNMP, etc.)
· At least 2 years of experience working with Linux and Windows operating systems
· Ability to interact, develop, engineer and communicate at the highest technical levels of organizational decision-making
· Certification: AWS certified, Azure Security Engineer
· 3+ years of experience in a cybersecurity operations role
· 1+ year of experience with Cloud (AWS, GCP or Azure) security gap analysis
· Experience working with Python and PowerShell
· Completion of a Security related certification (CompTIA Security+, Security+, CISSP, GIAC, etc.).
· Knowledge of relevant security and privacy legislation as NIST, PHIPA, PIPEDA, HIPAA
· Must demonstrate the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of stakeholders including subject matter experts and strong analytical and problem-solving skills are required for this role
It is the policy of PointClickCare to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, religion, national origin, status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law. PointClickCare welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please contact ** Redacted ** should you require any accommodations.