Human Resources Business Partner – Canada
Postscript is redefining marketing for ecommerce companies. By introducing SMS as an entirely new channel for ecommerce stores to engage, retain, and convert their customer base, brands are seeing huge ROI with Postscript. Backed by Greylock, Y Combinator and other top investors, Postscript is growing fast and looking for remarkable people to help build a world class organization.
Postscript is expanding our talent development function to best support our growing, high performing team. As HR Business (Talent) Partner, you will help build and implement a world class talent partner program. You’ll actively coach and support our managers and employees as we rapidly scale. Your responsibilities will cover a wide range of core talent development functions, including compensation, learning, and feedback. You will play a key role in developing and implementing important activities such as DEI programs, engagement surveys, and other aspects of employee experience. Above all, you will drive an impact and excellence focused remote culture that delivers on ambitious business goals.
- Form excellent business relationships with the business units that you support. Provide coaching and consultative support to employees and managers. Be a trusted advisor who meaningfully contributes to high engagement among employees
- Deliver HR and talent programs to the business units that you support, including employee relations, training & development, performance management, compensation, recognition, onboarding/offboarding, change management
- Create and implement progressive talent strategies that proactively address retention and development needs. Be forward thinking and creative in recommending and executing on people strategies to drive business outcomes and enable our team to be their best
- Play a lead role in the implementation of DEI programs, engagement surveys, and many other activities designed to continually improve employee experience
- Maintain and continually build out excellent structure for the business units that you support, including job descriptions, performance reviews, roadmaps and career plans, user manuals, etc.
- Continually deepen your understanding of the goals, processes, and roles that fall within the business units that you support. Deeply understand how your business units contribute to the company’s strategy and overall success
- Play a key role in the forecasting of your business units, including headcount planning and new role development. Use a combination of people skills and people data analysis to help anticipate future areas of need and development
- Serve as the main HR point of contact to the assigned business unit(s) and perform other related duties/projects as assigned
What We’ll Love About You
- 5+ years of HR Business Partner experience, preferably supporting remote teams through hyper-growth. Bonus points if you’ve supported teams in the e-commerce or SaaS space
- Deep, comprehensive understanding of HR Business Partner practices
- Demonstrated experience with Canadian employment law and compliance
- Familiarity and comfort with a range of modern HR and talent development technologies
- Demonstrated experience with a range of compensation plans, including variable and equity-based compensation
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong presentation, coaching, and facilitation skills
- Strong problem solving abilities
- Exceptional EQ
- Clear ability to effectively partner with cross-functional partners (e.g. Engineering and Product) and the broader HR team to continually improve employee experience
What You’ll Love About Us
- High growth startup – plenty of room for you to directly impact the company and grow your career!
- Fully remote culture – work from home (or wherever!)
- Fun – We're passionate and enjoy what we do
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for equity
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, vision insurance
- Other great perks, such as home office stipend
You are welcome here. Postscript is an ever-evolving place of equal employment for talented individuals.