Head of Software Quality Engineering
We are looking for a Head of Software Quality Engineering with experience defining and implementing QA programs at an enterprise level. This position will be responsible for the ownership of the QA program, including management of people and process. We’re able to build ephemeral environments in kubernetes and are looking for ways to manage test data, suites of tests, and results with that in mind.
The ideal candidate for this role is technically savvy, analytical, and process-oriented. This person must anticipate and embrace the challenge of solving critical business problems in a fast-paced environment. We're looking for someone who is a self-starter, willing to perform a variety of responsibilities and comfortable working with cross-functional teams.
What You’ll Do
- Live by and champion our values: #day-one, #ownership, #empathy, #humility.
- Hire and manage day-to-day activities of quality engineering team members; build and maintain a culture of speed, excellence, collaboration, mentorship, and open feedback in quality engineering.
- Maintain product quality throughout product cycle, define and build phases through quality checkpoints and testing.
- Work with the Product Management and Development teams in Agile methodology to understand product features, triage and troubleshoot the issues, identify causes and solutions.
- Develop test strategies for functional and non-functional testing (i.e. API, Functional, Integration, System, Regression, Performance, Security and E2E).
- Improve manual, automated test coverage, frameworks and tools to meet best practices and standards.
- Establish and guide best practices, design patterns and standards for all QA and automated test implementations.
- Champion good test driven development (TDD) habits within your team; improve testing standards, tooling, and processes.
- Drive quality across teams and empowering developers in test driven development (TDD) environment.
- Develop and manage quality assurance metrics for performance improvement of all teams.
- Continually document and educate company on QA practices to establish a culture of quality.
- Measure and enhance reliability, availability, and throughput of core platform services serving thousands of merchants.
- Work with real world problems faced in scaling the business, suggest innovations, enhancements and work with the team in implementing and rolling them out.
What You’ll Bring
- Typically, 10+ years of relevant testing and software quality assurance experience in fast paced environments
- 4+ years experience managing a quality engineering team, distributed experience preferred
- Expert background in test and quality assurance with a demonstrated track record of tactical execution and strategic leadership in test and quality engineering programs
- Familiarity with modern testing tools, ie TestCafe, Cypress, Pytest, Testrail
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker, auto-scaling, serverless infrastructure
- Experience with testing strategies, frameworks and writing and reviewing test plans and schedules
- Excellent verbal and written communication with direct reports, engineers, and business owners
- Experience with multiple automated testing tools
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Who We Are
Since 2014, ReCharge has helped over 15,000 merchants launch and scale their subscription business. Be it a curated monthly box, recurring necessities or access to exclusive perks, ReCharge powers billions of dollars in annual processing for nearly 30 million consumers. Our remote-first team of 250+ is building the future of subscription commerce. Come join us on our mission to connect and empower the world through payments.
ReCharge | Instagram | Twitter | Facebook
ReCharge Payments is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with our principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. ReCharge Payments prohibits any form of workplace harassment.