Product Insights Analyst
This is a temporary contract role. Maximum 18 months. No Corp to Corp. $40-$50/hr. Remote OK, but must be located in contiguous United States and available during Pacific Time.
Red Bull Media House is hiring a Product Insights Analyst who specializes in transforming clickstream data into actionable product growth strategy.
As a member of the Red Bull Digital Products team, you’ll work alongside our award-winning global teams of designers, product managers, and engineers to build cutting-edge experiences that users love. This role will be focused on our portfolios of Red Bull TV and ServusTV apps, the Wings for Life World Run mobile apps, and our direct-to-consumer (DTC) and Brand initiatives.
Red Bull TV – front row streaming access to a world Beyond the Ordinary:
Wings for Life World Run – the largest running event in the world: 184,236 participants in 195 countries took part in the 2021 event, but we know 2022 can be even BIGGER. Enter: you.
In this role you will gather, analyze, and interpret a wide variety of data to identify relationships and trigger points that influence user behavior. Ideal candidates exhibit relentless curiosity, are quick to spot patterns, and are by nature fixated on data quality and consistency. We reward proactivity, attention to detail, effective communication, high-level strategic thinking, innovative creativity, technical expertise, humility, and a “can-do” attitude to make things happen.
- Support product management and executive decision-making functions with actionable insights, ad-hoc analysis, and data visualization
- Find actionable insights using product funnels, cohort analyses, user segmentation, retention analyses, regression models, and other contemporary analyses, to help drive product growth
- Provide deep A/B test analysis and explanatory insights about the impact of product features
- Develop and share content for presentations and reports; provide supporting analytics for product design, product management, engineering, and senior leadership
- Define and implement routine reports (e.g., weekly, monthly, quarterly) on product usage and performance metrics (e.g., KPIs, OKRs)
- Proactively build and maintain automated dashboards, reports, and models, to provide self-service solutions for teams to make better decisions; increase team efficiency by automating recurring ad-hoc requests
- Deeply understand stakeholder needs and pain-points; partner with engineering to anticipate measurement needs and drive constant improvements to Red Bull’s analytics capabilities
- Independently manage all projects, deadlines, and stakeholder relationships with timely delivery of planned and ad-hoc requests
- Support engineering-led investigations of clickstream instrumentation and data quality reviews
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Data Science, Business Analytics, Applied Math, Economics, Statistics, or another quantitative field
- 3+ years’ work experience performing quantitative analysis of clickstream data (e.g., tech, media, e-commerce)
- 2+ years’ using advanced SQL with cloud-based, columnar analytics warehouses such as BigQuery or Amazon Redshift
- A solid grasp of common statistical methods and applications (e.g., A/B testing, hypothesis testing, probability, regression)
- Demonstrated ability to identify key business and product questions and synthesize and communicate complex concepts and analyses in easy-to-understand ways
- Ability to approach problems creatively and create structure out of ambiguous requests
- Hands-on experience using Google Data Studio or similar visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, Looker)
- Familiarity with Google Analytics 360 and its BigQuery export schema
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills; clear and concise communication style that compels to action
- Outstanding written/oral, organizational, analytical skills, and attention to detail
- Excellent teamwork, problem-solving, strategic thinking, and communication skills
- Fluent in English, additional language skills an advantage
- Organized – capable of juggling multiple priorities and stakeholders at once