Head of Product, Social Activity and Learning Platform
Redesign Health is a mission-driven innovation platform that launches transformative wellness and health companies. We integrate a historically complex process of ideating, developing, funding, and launching companies into a streamlined platform. We bring together entrepreneurs, industry experts, and investors to elevate companies that empower people to live their healthiest lives. Our idea-to-launch approach builds companies that create a better health and wellness experience including: Lively, Ever/Body, Vault Health, Springtide, HealthQuarters, Calibrate, Proper, Anomaly, Jasper, MedArrive, DUOS and stealth ventures in behavioral health, physical therapy, health plan navigation, health equity, and kidney care. We’re capitalized with permanent capital from world-class institutional investors and entrepreneurs.
About this stealth venture
Redesign Health is launching a social activity and learning venture designed to help retirees and those entering retirement script the next chapter of their lives. At Redesign Health, we look at health in a broadly defined way. Relationships and a sense of purpose lead to good health. It is hard for those entering retirement years to navigate the transition and many people feel that they lose relationships and are not clear on the identity and next chapter of their lives.
As individuals live longer, entering retirement is no longer seen as an ending point but more as a starting point for people to use their free time to engage, and explore their interests and passions in meaningful ways. The technology and media platforms that dominate their lives today are yet to offer a one-stop-shop for enthusiasts and creators looking for meaningful connections and growth. This stealth venture aspires to fill the void by shaping a community that will help this cohort explore, engage and realize aspirations.
The stealth venture’s vision is to create an all-encompassing platform that enables creators and enthusiasts to engage purposefully, foster learning and meaningful connections, and achieve life goals. Part of the mission of this stealth venture is to facilitate better health with community, cognitive and physical engagement through a social activity and learning platform.
The Head of Product will play a critical role in shaping the product strategy, defining the roadmap, launching the company's first MVP, and building the next generation social activity and learning platform. This is an opportunity to help millions of people find growth, meaning, and connection, while helping thousands of creators build thriving content-led businesses.
About The Job
As our Head of Product, you will drive the product vision and strategy, as well as execute on that strategy. You will own and build products from concept to launch, and drive a compelling and impactful experience for the community. You will have experiences in structured and efficient approach to achieving product market fit, multi-device fluency, scaling and expertise in shaping digital consumer experiences.
In this role, you will be responsible for defining, iterating on, and optimizing the core user experience, back-end requirements, and metric measurement of features.
What you'll do:
- Build the MVP for the social activity and learning platform
- Partner with Redesign Health platform team to assume ownership of the product responsibilities and drive the successful execution of the product vision
- Develop the 12+ month product roadmap for feature & product development
- Own product strategy and build for the multi-sided community platform, including discrete use cases for three separate stakeholders (users/community, creators, and content/experience sponsors)
- Onboard and manage technology vendors to build out the initial product offering, including contractors & software licenses
- Create and own the product organization’s hiring roadmap; defining areas of product ownership and later growing and managing a team of future Product Managers
- Define the product organization’s workflows and standards of practice to create a center of excellence
- Work cross-functionally with other organization leaders, such as marketing and operations, to translate organizational needs into the product roadmap and push out the product to larger consumer groups
- Define the Product organization’s OKRs (Objectives and Key Results), contributing to the overall success of the company’s culture and growth
- Build a product organization that relies on both qualitative and quantitative feedback loops, as well as a strong data infrastructure and data-driven product culture
- Manage the product organization’s budget, also informing build vs buy technology decisions
- Select and deploy an infrastructure that will scale with the business and adjust to client feedback, including, over time incorporating GDPR/CCPA/PCI-compliant elements and newly identified features and capabilities
- Lead efforts to achieve market recognition including press mentions and industry awards
What you'll need:
- 10+ years of product management experience including successfully launching 0 to 1 products and features
- 4+ years of experience managing and building out Product teams, including being a part of an interview process and holding a rigorous standard for technical abilities
- Expert ability to translate research insights and user needs into features and product improvements
- Expert ability in developing a product roadmap to build a differentiated consumer platform
- Expertise in design thinking and SVPG methodologies
- Prior experience hiring / contracting with development agencies for UI/UX, Research, and Engineering resources
- Track record of partnering effectively with different stakeholders and achieving team goals
- Expertise with GDPR, CCPA, PCI is a plus
- Participation in industry events and conferences
- Customer Focused. Gains insight into customer needs. Identifies opportunities that benefit the customer. Builds and delivers solutions that meet customer expectations. Establishes and maintains effective customer relationships. Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Drives Results. Has a strong bottom-line orientation. Persists in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. Has a track record of exceeding goals successfully. Pushes self and helps others achieve results. Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Manages Ambiguity. Deals comfortably with the uncertainty of change. Effectively handles risk. Can decide and act without having the total picture. Is calm, and productive, even when things are up in the air. Deals constructively with problems that do not have clear solutions or outcomes. Operating effectively, even when things are not certain of the way forward is unclear.
- Cultivates Innovation. Comes up with useful ideas that are new, better, or unique. Introduces new ways of looking at problems. Encourages diverse thinking to promote and nurture innovation.
You will work out of one of the following locations:
In-office: New York, NY
Remote: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming