Senior Software Engineer (Python)
Redesign Health is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer – we recruit, train, compensate and promote our team members based on qualifications. We know how important it is not only to include, but to actively seek out a diversity of opinions and voices.
We want to hear from you regardless of your race, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Redesign Health is a healthcare innovation platform. We bring together entrepreneurs, industry experts, and investors to fund and launch companies that transform the healthcare system and empower people to live their healthiest lives. Our first companies include Lively, Ever/Body, Vault Health, Springtide, HealthQuarters, Calibrate, Proper, and stealth ventures in payment integrity, elder care, and complex care. We’re capitalized with permanent capital from world-class institutional investors and entrepreneurs.
We are launching a stealth venture in the mental health space with the mission to provide access to affordable and high quality mental health services for all patients.
Uplift is a multi-sided marketplace, applying technology to empower patients to find in-network therapists that are covered by their insurance plan. Patients lack access to proper mental healthcare and while 1 in 5 Americans struggle with mental health issues, only 40% of this group received care in the last year. At the same time, providers are underutilized, and independent therapists are operating at 60% capacity. UpLift acts as the bridge between patient, provider and insurer, empowering patients to find the best therapist for their needs at a price they can afford.
As one of the first members of our Uplift engineering team, you will lay the foundation for our consumer and healthcare provider interfaces, helping to bring a better mental health experience to all patients. You will help set the systems, architecture, and process for our engineering team. This is a unique opportunity to lay the groundwork for everything from the API to CI!
You will report to and work with the Chief Product Officer and partner closely with our front end engineer to develop our API layer and institutional best practices. This role is 100% remote.
What you'll do:
- Provide innovative solutions leveraging modern web tools and techniques enhancing our platform capabilities by making key technical decisions, improving and adapting our development process, and making overall architecture recommendations to support a rapidly increasing organization
- Implement established software development best practices by developing, refining, iterating, integrating, testing, staging, and deploying maintainable technical solutions
- Use technical analytical skills, from load balancing API endpoints to database query performance, and judgment to solve problems and make decisions in a rapidly changing environment
- Communicate engineering risks and challenges to non-technical team members to ensure we are coming up with the right solutions.
- Ensure all code is version controlled according to industry standards and best practices
- Remain current on knowledge and skills necessary for software development, including programming tools, development techniques, and related technologies
- Create design documents that satisfy business requirements, follow adopted methodologies and lead to efficient, easy to maintain, and reliable systems
What you'll need:
- 5-8 years of experience building and deploying consumer or large scale SaaS web products in an agile product environment
- Technical Skills
- 4+ years of Python experience
- Demonstrable experience designing and building and deploying RESTful / GraphQL APIs for consumption
- Experience leveraging cloud technologies (AWS), Relational Database (Postgres, MySQL) and DevOps services (AWS, CI/CD) to build your products
- Understanding of security in a highly regulated environment (healthcare, finance) with attention to HIPAA or SOC2 compliance
- Behavioral Skills
- Action Oriented. Readily takes action on challenges, without unnecessary planning; taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm
- Communicates Effectively. Is effective in a variety of communication settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, or among diverse styles and position levels. Attentively listens to others. Adjusts to fit the audience and the message. Develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Manages Ambiguity. Deals comfortably with the uncertainty of change. Can decide and act without having the total picture. Is calm, and productive, even when things are up in the air. Operating effectively, even when things are not certain of the way forward is unclear.
- Manages Complexity. Uncovers root causes to difficult problems. Evaluates pros and cons, risks and benefits of different solution options. Making sense of complex, high-quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to solve problems
What Redesign is all about
Redesign’s mission is to transform the healthcare system and empower people to live their healthiest lives by elevating patient experiences, increasing information transparency, and democratizing access to high quality healthcare.
Our vision is to connect extraordinary people and ideas with capital and resources to create better healthcare solutions.
At Redesign, we value achieving results thoughtfully, quickly, and compassionately. To give a sense of what our team is all about, these are the values that guide our work:
- Solve for impact: Healthcare is complex and opaque, but we’re positioned to meet the challenge. If not us, then who?
- Patients first: We are all consumers of healthcare. We create real solutions for real needs.
- Outcome over egos: Our work is bigger than us. What we’re building together is greater than the sum of the parts.
- Bias for action: We move fast, but we’re deliberate. We don’t delay success or failure.
- Continuous learning: We seek feedback early and often. Iteration and insight allow us to connect the dots and are key to our process.
- Practice good intent: We take our work seriously, but we’re never too busy to be kind.