Information Security Intern (Remote Internship)
THIS IS A REMOTE, WORK-FROM-HOME POSITION
As a Information Security Intern, you will assist with multiple security audits and risk assessments, as well as coordinate IT efforts to comply with security policies, standards, and procedures. The ideal candidate must have basic knowledge of published security standards such as PCI, HIPAA, ISO, NIST, among others.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Determine and grant access levels based on the principle of least privilege to mitigate exposure of safeguard information.
- Train staff and clients on security rules and policies for log-ins and passwords.
- Audit, review, develop, and implement data security policies, procedures, design, and architecture to safeguard company information.
- Test, deploy, and manage a suite of security tools and services, including, but not limited, to SIEM, IDS/IPS, DLP, AV, VA scanner, baseline security controls.
- Interface with IT and business partners on implementing controls for corporate and regulatory compliance.
- Report to management concerns of residual risk, vulnerabilities, and other security exposures.
- Participate in incident response cases as assigned and coordinate remediation with an appropriate sense of urgency.
- Drive continuous improvement through trend analysis reporting and metrics management.
- 0-1+ years of relevant professional experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Information Technology, Information Security or related field
- CISSP, CISA or CISM certification highly desired
- Valid driver’s license (Traveling may be required)
- Strong domain expertise, implementation and/or integration skills in following areas: IAM, SIEM, IDS/IPS, SOC, Threat Intelligence, Cloud Security, Encryption & Key Management
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent written & oral communication skills as well as presentation skills
- Experience with security vulnerability scanning tools
- Works with integrity and ethically
Desired Skills & Characteristics:
- Knowledgeable across a wide range of technical subjects such as information technology, cybersecurity, penetration testing, regulatory compliance; a major plus
- Quick-learner who is willing to learn
- Obsessed with metrics; especially those pertaining to the quality of reports and engagement
- Persistence and determination