Associate Project Manager
Project Management Associate responsibilities include working with Project Management, Business Development, Operational Departments, Quality Assurance, and Finance to perform project management duties to support the successful execution of projects. Project management associates participate during all phases of the project management process. They understand a project’s scope and support with project transition from Business Development to Operations, support with project initiation both internally and externally, and support the internal project change management process. Under the guidance of the management team, specifically Project Management, the project management associate supports ongoing management of project information within the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) platform to manage project tasks, time and budgets, track key project metrics and key performance indicators (KPls), and link to financial information. Project management associates observe existing project management practices and propose improvements for process efficiency.
- Support project transition from Business Development to Operations
- Maintain complete cognizance of contractual requirements and support with the successful execution of projects
- Ensure project scope of work and deliverable requirements are well coordinated with internal staff and help to identify and communicate contract scope creep as early as possible
- Support each step of the contract amendment life-cycle
- Support ongoing management of project information within the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) platform to manage project tasks, time and budgets, track key project metrics and key performance indicators (KPls), and link to financial information (billing milestones, etc.)
- Work with Project Management to report analyzed data for projects and communicate results
- Proactively identify and resolve issues and manage escalation as appropriate
- Comply with Statistics & Data Corporation’s data integrity & business ethics requirements
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Adherence to all essential systems and processes that are required at SDC to maintain compliance to business and regulatory requirements
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
- Exceptional organization and planning skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent understanding of contracts and contract amendment life-cycle
- Keen ability to accurately discern priorities in a resource constrained work environment
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills to include excellent ability to identify and resolve problems early
- Familiarity with ICH Guidelines for Good Clinical Practice and Title 21 of the Code of Federal Regulations
- Excellent computer skills to include strong knowledge of MS Office suite of software and/or other project management software
Education or Equivalent Experience
- A bachelor’s degree, preferably in engineering, applied or life sciences or business is required.
- Two years of experience in project management, business development, account management, contracts management, or purchasing in the clinical trial industry is preferred.