Senior Backend Engineer(Python)
SecurityScorecard is headquartered in NYC with over 260+ employees globally. Our culture has helped us be recognized by Inc Magazine as a “Best Workplace,” “Best Places to Work in NYC” by Crain's NY, and one of the 10 hottest SaaS startups in NY for two years in a row.
About the team
Be part of an exciting and growing Technology team focused on growing an awesome product called Atlas. Atlas accelerates the cybersecurity questionnaire exchange process by empowering organizations to send, complete, and auto-validate questionnaires at scale.
Our team emphasis is collaboration and shared responsibilities, you will be hands-on involved in the entire Software Development Life Cycle.
We are implementing DevOps Principles in our CI/CD Pipeline. Atlas also uses Machine Learning automation throughout the application. Our team is growing and so will you! Check out our tech stack bellow and let us know if you are our next star.
Tools In Our Stack:
- Cloud Service: Amazon Web Services
- Databases: Postgres Languages:
- Python, TypeScript
- FrontEnd: Redux, React
- BackEnd: Flask, SQLAlchemy
What you will do
We’re targeting a Backend Engineer who enjoys building commercial products and will play a key role in the delivery of highly reliable, scalable, and maintainable applications. You will drive projects end-to- end, collaborating on product definitions with Product Managers, Backend Developers and UX designers, implementing technical solutions, and ensuring continued success even after deployment. You’ll strive for simplicity, while bringing technical insights into how to refine and improve the system, ultimately ensuring performance, stability, and an exceptional end user experience.
- Design, develop and test new features for SecurityScorecard’s Atlas platform
- Maintain and extend existing public facing REST APIs -Collaborate closely with global team, including engineers, product managers and UX designers
- Participate in all stages of the software development life cycle: from design and development, to deployment and maintenance
- Build a reliable framework with comprehensive testing of features and performance tuning to ensure platform stability both in terms of uptime as well as performance.
- 7+ years of experience as a Backend Engineer
- 4+ years of experience using Python
- 1+ years of experience using Typescript
- 5+ years of experience using PostgreSQL (or similar relational database)
- Proven ability to implement REST APIs
- Fit into a team that has embraced continuous delivery
- Experience using modern and functional programming styles
- Excellent code hygiene and habits
- Familiarity with source control management best practices
- Ability to work as part of a highly collaborative team
- Able to communicate complex concepts clearly and accurately; strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with any of the following are all a plus: AWS, Docker
- 1+ years of experience using Typescript is an Asset
We offer a competitive salary, stock options, a comprehensive benefits package, including health and dental insurance, unlimited PTO, parental leave, tuition reimbursements, and much more!
SecurityScorecard embraces diversity. We believe that our team is strengthened through hiring and retaining employees with diverse backgrounds, skillsets, ideas, and perspectives. We make hiring decisions based upon merit and do not discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.