FP&A Manager, GTM Finance
Tribe and Karma of the Team
At Segment, we believe companies should be able to send their data wherever they want, whenever they want, with no fuss. Unfortunately, most product managers, analysts, and marketers spend too much time searching for the data they need, while engineers are stuck integrating the tools they want to use. Segment standardizes and streamlines data infrastructure with a single platform that collects, unifies, and sends data to hundreds of business tools with the flip of a switch. That way, our customers can focus on building amazing products and personalized messages for their customers, letting us take care of the complexities of processing their customer data reliably at scale. We’re in the running to power the entire customer data ecosystem, and we need the best people to take the market.
We’re growing incredibly fast — this is the perfect opportunity to roll up your sleeves and have a positive impact at a hyper-growth company. We’re looking for someone who is excited to join a team where they can proactively identify and implement systems and process improvements to help grow and scale the business.
Drive and Focus of the Role
As FP&A Manager, you will be responsible for partnering closely with our go-to-market teams to enable Segment to reach its ambitious growth and efficiency goals. Your responsibilities will include building forecasting models, preparation and management of budgets, operational and management reporting, and ad hoc analysis to support management decision making. The role will also include communication and presentation to senior leaders (VP+). The FP&A Manager will be expected to expand beyond typical financial responsibilities and be a strategic thought partner to the executive leaders of the teams you support. Expectations also include working collaboratively across organizations and establishing/improving processes to enable our next stage of growth
- Sophisticated financial modeling – build and refine driver-based revenue models, and break down complex models into components that consolidate
- End-to-end analysis and reporting for key top-line metrics – constantly improve visibility into our revenue, iterate on forecasts and understand variance to actuals
- Think strategically and then execute; insights that don’t result in action are fruitless. New opportunities always come up, you will have the chance to contribute beyond traditional FP&A and be a key player in helping Segment achieve its growth goals
- Innovate – we push the boundaries of traditional finance roles. Maintain a growth mindset and be ready to embrace new technical skills and challenges
- Help us scale from startup to enterprise – part of this is maturing our planning and forecasting processes, part is spreading finance best practices through the organization
- Partner closely with the go-to-market functions of the business — provide clarity, ask questions, and drive confident decision-making for our teams by communicating effectively across all levels of the organization
- Be an owner – Project manage business critical initiatives from design and execution through to completion
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or related field (MBA preferred); or relevant years of experience
- Combination of 5+ years experience in FP&A and investment banking, private equity or venture capital (technology or SaaS experience preferred)
- Experience supporting a Sales function including developing key metrics, building go-to-market models, and driving alignment across teams
- Extensive understanding and substantial knowledge of FP&A best practices, including driver-based modeling, budgeting, and forecasting
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate to all levels and with cross-functional business partners, and present results highlighting areas of judgment and strategic impact
- Analytical skills and ability to research issues, make evaluations on problems and recommend viable solutions
- Highly motivated, self-driven, able to drive projects independently and able to deal well with ambiguity
- Expert in Excel and PowerPoint
Segment is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that everyone should receive equal consideration and treatment in all terms and conditions of employment regardless of sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, domestic partner status, military or veteran status, height, weight, AIDS/HIV status, and any other protected category under federal, state or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: $90,752 – $124,784
Rest of Colorado:
Salary Range: $79,408 – $109,186
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks