Technical Program Manager, Security
- Lead and manage the successful delivery of high–impact and highly cross-functional security–program initiatives, including helping to move long-standing security practices to the next levels of evolution, seldom accomplished by other companies
- Drive cross-functional planning, by closely partnering with Security GMs and Leads to develop program plans, including identifying dependencies and resource requirements to eliminate surprises on complex projects. This leads to successful projects.
- Collaborate with Engineering, Product and other organizations to evolve, instill and measure secure product–development processes, so that we collectively make fewer mistakes over time
- Contribute to the definition, development and tracking of effective security metrics and R&D operational improvements. This is so we can challenge our beliefs and outcomes with data, in order to continuously improve them.
- Establish and drive adoption of program frameworks, tools and best practices, so that we can continue anticipating our customers’ needs over time.
- 2+ years experience in a technical program management or operational role
- Passion for improving security, and for learning more about it every year
- Demonstrate complete ownership, taking pride and responsibility for the successful completion of projects, as we celebrate the “100% done” philosophy!
- Ability to build strong relationships, collaborate and communicate effectively across a variety of stakeholders
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in an exciting environment.
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- BA/BS degree in engineering, computer science or similar degree
- Experience with SaaS companies
We encourage you to apply if this role excites you – even if you think you may not meet all of the qualifications. At Segment, we live by four values: karma, drive, tribe, and focus. We are always looking for outstanding individuals with diverse backgrounds and perspectives who embody these values. To learn more about life at Segment and our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, visit our LinkedIn page. We’re excited to meet you!
Segment is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that everyone should receive equal consideration and treatment in all terms and conditions of employment regardless of sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, domestic partner status, military or veteran status, height, weight, AIDS/HIV status, and any other protected category under federal, state or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.