Senior Manager, Security Engineering
Simon Data was founded in 2015 by a team of successful serial entrepreneurs. We are an enterprise customer data platform that empowers marketers to create personalized experiences for their customers. We’re focused problem-solvers who believe in taking on big challenges with innovative thinking and giving our customers the support they need to deliver great next-generation experiences at scale.
Simon Data is a data-first customer experience orchestration platform, designed to redefine the marketing technology and marketing cloud category. Simon’s platform empowers businesses to use enterprise-scale data and machine learning to power customer communications across every channel. Our unique approach allows brands to develop one-to-one relationships with their customers without building a bespoke in-house data infrastructure.
At Simon, we truly believe that business success starts and ends with people. We all do our best work when we are surrounded by other friendly top performers who want to succeed together. This approach is core to our values. When you trust your team, invest in their development, and give them ownership, great things happen.
Are you ready to lead, guide, and grow an awesome security team?! Security is already a top priority and competency at Simon, but we’re looking for an energetic security manager to pave the way to broader compliance and certification across the business. As a perfect candidate, you not only have many years of experience in the field, you also have built and led security engineers to meet the company's security goals. You are ready to help where needed and lead everything from code to policy and everything in between. Your main goal would be to crafting both an elite security team and a culture of security throughout the organization!
What You’ll Do
- Set the direction of and coordinate the security and data privacy function at Simon, including critical processes such as vendor risk management, security monitoring, and identity and access management
- Lead and develop a security engineering team with a focus on career growth and development
- Refine and lead our security review process in engineering and mentor and counsel the development team and entire company on security methodologies.
- Be intimately involved with our sales and client solutions teams as they work toward closing high profile deals touching on compliance, security, and data privacy matters
- Build a balanced process to maintain Simon’s compliance with our various compliance and regulatory obligations such as SOC2, GDPR, CCPA, and Privacy Shield
- Engage with other department leaders to ensure that information technology resources are in place to support and enable employees across the organization
- Proven leadership and management ability with at least 8 years of experience in the security industry
- Able to set the vision and direction for security across the company
- Expansive experience in security including application security, operational aspects of security such as monitoring and incident response, compliance, risk management, vendor security, containers, and cloud security
- Direct experience with security in AWS and cloud computing environments
- Proven experience with IT security, support, and standard methodologies
- Direct experience working with GDPR, SOC 2, Privacy Shield, etc.
- Outstanding communication skills and experience speaking directly to clients
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.