Special Order Sales Specialist (Remote)
What is SimpleTire? We think there’s a better way when it comes to getting work done on your car. Starting with tire replacement. A way that’s more welcome, that’s more you. That gets you to what you need, more quickly. Helps you feel smart about your choices, and gets you on your way, feeling good. A way better experience for tire replacement. That’s our way. That’s our promise.
Our network stretches across the country with 10,000+ installers and 3,000+ independent supply points. We employ hundreds of people, support thousands of local businesses, and strive to empower everyone along the process.
To learn more about SimpleTire, visit https://simpletire.com/about
The Special Order Sales Specialist is responsible for providing customer service and sales support to our growing B2B business, including independent tire retailers, collision and automotive repair shops, fleet, farm, and industrial businesses utilizing our OnDemand eCommerce platform. The special order sales specialist is responsible for responding to inbound calls from B2B customers and making outbound calls to generate new business.
A successful candidate will have a track record for providing excellent customer service and supporting business development. Prior experience in customer service and sales in a fast paced retail or wholesale environment required, automotive and tire experience is a plus.
- Provides service and support to our Special Order & Fleet customers, offering a world class customer service experience. Resolves all major customer service issues.
- Answers incoming Sales Calls/Emails; Respond to customer inquiries.
- Supports the Special Order & Strategic Management Team to identify additional sales
- opportunities from existing customer base.
- Provides secondary support for customer service issues for order tracking, pricing
- discrepancies, product misships, and all other customer related issues.
- Monitors and responds to requests from our internal Call Center messaging Channel (slack)
- Performs outgoing sales calls to potential customers (approx 10% of time) generating leads and converting new customers.
- Supports key account managers and sales management and helps identify new target accounts and opportunities
- Partners with Installer Relationship Team to foster additional OnDemand
- Sales opportunities
- Monitors and identifies inventory & pricing issues from OnDemand site.
- Monitors competitors’ activity and partners with account managers to respond to opportunities
- Other Duties as assigned
Minimum Job Requirements
- 2+ Years in Customer Service and/or Sales
- High school diploma or GED required
- Auto/tire experience preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office or Google Office Suite
- Bilingual skills are a plus (English/Spanish)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Adaptable, flexible, and resilient – works well under pressure, responding resourcefully to change, and able to bounce back from challenges and setbacks.
- Strong communication skills; friendly/pleasant demeanor over phone and email.
- Hands-on Multitasker; able to handle a high volume of support issues. Thrives in a fast paced, high growth environment.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Perseveres with energy and drive, does not give up before accomplishing goals.
- Self-sufficient. Able to work independently and make decisions with minimal supervision.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
- This is a full time remote position. While remote, you may be required to travel to our corporate offices located in the greater Philadelphia area periodically for meetings or to perform work.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Continuous computer screen viewing and typing
- Speaking through the computer for many video conferences, meetings and one-to-one conversations