At Slack, our mission is to “Make work life simpler, more pleasant and more productive”. As the Recruiting Manager, you will play a pivotal role in leading a diverse team of full cycle recruiters, build strategy, create processes, partner with key stakeholders, and deliver the results behind a talented team. You will report into the Director of Revenue and Business Recruiting (R&B), and will lead complex initiatives in the Sales Recruiting team.
We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic, Recruiting Leader to join our global recruiting organization. You will be responsible for developing and investing in your team and their development, driving alignment to business priorities, ensuring your team operate as talent advisors as we provide a world-class experience for our candidates, clients and colleagues. You’ll play an essential role in creating a more diverse, accessible, equitable, and inclusive Slack through our hiring, promotion, retention, and inclusion practices.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Coach, empower, and invest in the development of a high-performing geographically dispersed team who espouse our culture, values, and attributes
- Champion our attributes of Humble, Hardworking, Collaborative, and Smart
- Lead with a growth mindset, positive attitude, focused on problem-solving in an environment that is ever evolving and changing
- Build and nurture relationships with senior leaders as a trusted talent advisor and provide consultative partnership to leaders throughout the sales organization on all aspects of recruitment to consistently up-level teams and leadership capability with every hire
- Influence senior stakeholders using a data and insights based approach to drive strategic decisions
- Deliver against a workforce / headcount plan for the sales organization, managing all stakeholders including cross-functional partners (People Partners, FP&A, Sales Operations and People Operations & DEB (Diversity Engagement & Belonging)
- Work cross-functionally to effectively develop plans and drive projects from root cause analysis through to deployment, iteration and measurement, effectively & on-time
- Lead company recruiting initiatives of growing scope and complexity, set strategies, developing and expanding on diversity initiatives while leveraging resources to support Slack’s growing business
- Learning mindset and commitment to growth as a recruiting leader by staying on top of trends in the future of work, and recruiting
- Champion Slack products within recruiting as customer zero for our HR customer profile
- Partner with Recruitment marketing, communications, Slack’s ERG and D&I partners to define new and emerging talent attraction tactics
What you should have
- Minimum 4 years of leadership experience with proven track record of leading successful diverse and geographically dispersed talent acquisition teams or equivalent leadership experience
- Inspirational leader who encourages team to take on new challenges and exceed expectations
- Track record of building and coaching high performing recruiting teams
- Track record of achieving headcount and hiring goals
- Experience in working with senior leaders and stakeholders to drive organizational needs
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills
- Experience with project management in a fast paced environment
- Experience with accountability metrics, data and insights reporting to drive behavior change and business outcomes
- Experience developing and delivering on global projects
- Strong experience with change management and data analytics
- Possess leadership that inspires and grounds others in a shared purpose
- Strong communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills, including humility, empathy, and playfulness with the ability to break down complex concepts and clearly articulate them internally and externally
- Strong people management experience with ability to inspire and build cohesive teams, coach, and develop high-performing team
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.