Do you want to make a positive impact? Are you interested in helping us achieve our vision of a highly efficient grid that powers a cleaner planet? Do you want to work in a collaborative environment surrounded by colleagues who are creative, focused and mission-driven? If so, read on to see if this might be the job you have been dreaming about.
Smart Wires is reimagining the grid. With our innovative technology and advanced analytics, we maximize the grid’s capacity. This means more renewables, at a lower cost and with less disruption to communities and the environment. We collaborate with our customers to achieve their strategic objectives and help them face an uncertain energy future with flexible, high-impact solutions.
With commitment to accelerating the energy transition, we are determined to achieve our mission to advance the delivery of affordable, clean electricity around the world. Come join our team!
Smart Wires is currently looking for a Business Analyst based in Raleigh, North Carolina, to support our Commercial team.
We are looking to add a full time Business Analyst to our global Commercial team. The candidate we seek will be very sharp, strategic, organized, detail-oriented, flexible, serious, committed and passionate about their work. The ideal candidate possesses superior analysis and communication skills, is a strong team player who enjoys working with all levels of staff, and is prepared to roll their sleeves up and dig in on something new every day.
- Analyze our global sales pipeline create models and reports to generate insights for decision support on regional prioritization, market trends etc.
- Perform revenue forecasting, reporting and operational metrics tracking
- Analyze past results, perform variance analysis, identify trends and make recommendations for improvements
- Support the analysis of specific geographic markets, particularly with reference to our competitors and pricing strategy
- Guide the cost analysis process by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures to be applied globally
- Identify and drive process improvements, including the creation of standard and ad-hoc reports, tools, and Excel dashboards
- Increase productivity by developing automated reporting/forecasting tools
Required Skills and Experience
- 3+ years of business, finance or other relevant experience
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Tableau
- High proficiency in financial modeling techniques
- BA, BS degree or equivalent work experience in Accounting/Finance/Economics
- Strong analytical and data gathering skills
- Good business acumen
Desired Skills and Experience
- Familiarity with data query/data management tools is extremely helpful (Access, SQL, Business Objects)
- Proven work experience in a quantitatively-heavy role
- Strong financial modeling experience
- Self-starter with excellent interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to streamline functions and passion to learn and grow
- Strong interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills
- Comfort dealing with ambiguity and the ability to work independently
- Experience working with, and presenting to, senior executives
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; be comfortable interacting with executive-level management
Raleigh, North Carolina
Occasional travel to meetings may be desirable from time to time.
Smart Wires team members are required to wear a mask and follow social distancing guidelines while at Smart Wires locations or customer sites. Additional safety precautions may include the use of PPE gear as needed per site requirements.
Smart Wires is a global power technology company advancing the delivery of affordable, clean electricity worldwide. With our innovative technology and advanced analytics, we maximize the grid’s capacity. This means more renewables, at a lower cost and with less disruption to communities and the environment. Smart Wires is headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area, with European headquarters in Dublin, Ireland, and has a global workforce of 200 professionals spread across four continents. Our team collaborates with our customers to achieve their strategic objectives and help them face an uncertain energy future with flexible, high-impact solutions.
Our values guide all aspects of our business, from making strategic decisions to providing our customers with valuable solutions and superior service. We emphasize humility, transparency and focus and empower team members with the tools they need to be successful in their role and achieve the professional development they seek.
- Humility – We’re real people, we’re good people and we’re proud of what we do. Having humility allows us to listen, learn and improve. We seek diverse perspectives and value collaboration. Above all, we are team players, supporting and trusting each other. We know this results in better outcomes for what we aim to achieve as individuals and as a company.
- Transparency – Being authentic, candid and open – with each other and with our suppliers, partners and customers – is essential to accomplishing our goals. Acting with integrity and maintaining honest communication ensures that we are accountable and delivering safe, high-quality solutions.
- Focus – Our pursuit of excellence is more than just words. With passion for technology, our industry and making a difference, we’re laser-focused on delivering greater grid efficiencies and affordable, clean electricity around the world. This requires prioritization and essentialism, ensuring we efficiently and effectively meet our commitments.
**Smart Wires is committed to diversity in our organization and building an equitable and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and experiences. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. Smart Wires complies with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination and we especially encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of any skin color, LGBTQ people, veterans, and people with disabilities.**