Web Copywriter (Remote)
This position acts as the brand journalist on a portfolio of web projects, working directly with the client and the project management team to create award-winning content for the client. The web copywriter plays a key role in conceiving and delivering UX-driven and SEO-informed web content. The web copywriter will primarily write web copy for small- to mid-sized B2B marketing websites, but will also write a variety of content including emails, landing pages, blogs, and other miscellaneous copy.
The Day to Day:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Utilize your ability to translate client strategy into creative, compelling copy
- Translate UX strategy and direction into effective web content
- Attend or synthesize interviews with clients and subject matter experts
- Execute the client’s brand voice, tone, and messaging
- Follow wireframes or templates to align copy and word counts to the design.
- Edit copy for style, grammar, logic, flow, repetition, and to ensure it’s on strategy
- Conduct in-depth research to learn new subjects or industries as needed
- Support your team to make sure deadlines are met
- Work with the project team collaboratively
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Experience and Education Requirements:
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without employer sponsorship is required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience writing web copy for a variety of clients and industries.
- A strong understanding of SEO best practices and experience incorporating keywords into web content.
- Experience aligning copy to fit wireframes and/or page designs.
- Application and portfolio submission
- Video call with Senior Writer
- Video call with Vice President of Creative
- Reference and background checks
About SmartBug Media
SmartBug Media™ is a fully remote globally recognized Intelligent Inbound™ marketing agency that assists businesses in growing revenue through content marketing, sales enablement, web development, marketing automation, and PR. For over 10 years, SmartBug™ has helped businesses increase qualified leads, close customers, and enhance the reach and loyalty of their brands. We are a 100+ person remote company that believes you shouldn’t have to compromise work/life balance in order to deliver great work, and we believe that you can do this from anywhere. SmartBug has been named to the Inc. 5000 4 times, Adweek 100 the last two years, and has won numerous Comparably awards for its culture and leadership. SmartBug is HubSpot’s highest rated partner in the world.