Sales Engineer, Digital Native
We’re at the forefront of the data revolution, committed to building the world’s greatest data and applications platform. Our ‘get it done’ culture allows everyone at Snowflake to have an equal opportunity to innovate on new ideas, create work with a lasting impact, and excel in a culture of collaboration.
Our Sales Engineers are customer obsessed and we believe in the value we can add and stay honest about it. We love to learn, are open to giving and receiving feedback and are passionate about making our clients successful. Our team works to ensure data is accessible, usable and valuable to everyone.
YOU MAY BE A GOOD FIT FOR THE TEAM IF YOU:
- Act customer first and obsessed with helping customers drive digital transformation.
- Think big and demonstrate excellence in the application of technology to solve all kinds of problems.
- Possess a “Get it done” and “Own it” philosophy to drive customer success leveraging knowledge and experience within the data science, analytics, or big data markets.
- Feel comfortable talking with all levels of customer teams from individual contributors to C-level executives using language that appropriately translates complex technical and business information.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL GET TO:
- Build trusted relationships with Snowflake internal resources, external partners, and client account teams to qualify deals, identify business value, and provide technical guidance in order to set proper expectations to ensure customer satisfaction
- Leverage knowledge of a domain or industry to align Snowflake’s value to the customers’ business and technical problems
- Immerse yourself in the ever-evolving technology and landscape while maintaining a deep understanding of competitive and complementary technologies and vendors and how to position Snowflake in relation to them.
- Conduct discovery meetings to collect, analyze, clarify, and document business requirements during the sales cycle to support the implementation team and produce a detailed solution proposal.
- Work hands-on with prospects and customers to deliver standard, customized and/or strategic solution demonstrations, white boarding, presentations, and best practices that showcase functional capabilities, competitive advantages, and business benefits of the Snowflake solutions throughout the sales cycle, from demo to proof of concept to design and implementation.
- Guides customers in digital transformation and cloud adoption, understanding where Snowflake integrates with holistic architecture and strategy.
- Provide ongoing, post-sales, technical guidance to the customer’s technical team to drive customer utilization of Snowflake and digital transformation success
- Collaborate with Product Management, Engineering, and Marketing to continuously improve Snowflake’s products and marketing.
ON DAY ONE WE WILL EXPECT YOU TO HAVE:
- 5+ years of relevant experience in a sales engineering or consulting role for a SaaS company, with a deep understanding of the data analytics ecosystem
- Experience working hands on within the data warehousing, data management, business intelligence and/or data science space
- Outstanding presenting skills to both technical and executive audiences, whether impromptu on a whiteboard or using presentations and demos
- Exceptional problem solving, organizational, decision making and presentation skills
- Ability to work in an independent, collaborative and fast paced environment
- AWS, Azure, GCP and/or SnowPro certifications a plus
- Bachelor's degree in science, technology, engineering, math or equivalent experience preferred
- Ability to travel regionally as needed
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
How do you want to make your impact?