There is only one Data Cloud. Snowflake’s founders started from scratch and designed a data platform built for the cloud that is effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. But it didn’t stop there. They engineered Snowflake to power the Data Cloud, where thousands of organizations unlock the value of their data with near-unlimited scale, concurrency, and performance. This is our vision: a world with endless insights to tackle the challenges and opportunities of today and reveal the possibilities of tomorrow.
As a Solutions Consultant at Snowflake, you will:
- Be a technical guide on all aspects of Snowflake
- Deploy Snowflake following best practices, including ensuring knowledge transfer so that customers are properly enabled and are able to extend the capabilities of Snowflake on their own
- Work hands-on with customers to demonstrate and communicate implementation best practices on Snowflake technology
- Maintain deep understanding of competitive and complementary technologies and vendors and how to position Snowflake in relation to them
- Work with System Integrator consultants at a deep technical level to successfully position and deploy Snowflake in customer environments
- Provide guidance on how to resolve customer-specific technical challenges
- Support other members of the Professional Services team develop their expertise
- Collaborate with Product Management, Engineering, and Marketing to continuously improve Snowflake’s products and marketing.
Our ideal Solutions Consultant will have
- Minimum 5 years of experience working with customers in a pre-sales or post-sales technical role
- University degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or related fields, or equivalent experience
- Outstanding skills presenting to both technical and executive audiences, whether impromptu on a whiteboard or using presentations and demos
- Understanding of complete data analytics stack and workflow, from ETL to data platform design to BI and analytics tools
- Strong skills in databases, data warehouses, and data processing
- Extensive hands-on expertise with SQL and SQL analytics
- Experience and track record of success selling data and/or analytics software to enterprise customers; includes proven skills identifying key stakeholders, winning value propositions, and compelling events
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with large-scale database technology (e.g. Netezza, Exadata, Teradata, Greenplum, etc.)
- Software development experience with C/C++ or Java.Scripting experience with Python, Ruby, Perl, Bash.
Bonus Points for Having
- Experience with non-relational platforms and tools for large-scale data processing (e.g. Hadoop, HBase)
- Familiarity and experience with common BI and data exploration tools (e.g. Microstrategy, Business Objects, Tableau)
- Experience and understanding of large-scale infrastructure-as-a-service platforms (e.g. Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, OpenStack, etc.)
- Experience implementing ETL pipelines using custom and packaged tools
- Experience using AWS services such as S3, Kinesis, Elastic MapReduce, Data pipeline
- Experience selling enterprise SaaS software
- Shown success at enterprise software.
Why join our Professional Services team at Snowflake:
- Unique opportunity to work on a truly disruptive software product
- Get unique, hands-on experience with bleeding edge data warehouse technology
- Develop, lead and execute an industry-changing initiative
- Learn from the best! Join a dedicated, experienced team of experts.
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
How do you want to make your impact?