Sales Administrator (Seattle area, WA – Remote)
Soracom was founded in 2015 by AWS veterans with a clear vision to build a more connected world. Today, Soracom serves over 20,000 customers and connects over three million devices worldwide, delivering connectivity for the Internet of Things (IoT) powered by the speed and scale of the cloud. Headquartered in Tokyo with additional offices in the US and UK, Soracom is now building out a global team to continue the company’s rapid growth.
Soracom is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we take pride in the diversity of our employees, valuing the special experience and expertise that people from different backgrounds bring to our business. The ability to develop ground-breaking technologies is one of our key assets and our people make it happen. Come and join Soracom to create the transformative technology that enables our customers to engineer a better world.
We are a technology start-up. With the power of cutting-edge technology, we want to continue to run at top speed and create a big impact on the world while growing rapidly ourselves. In addition to being outstanding professionals, we expect our members to have the following qualities:
- Be self-motivated, autonomous, and hands-on.
- Quick to adapt to new things and flexible.
- Have integrity, likability, and respect for others
- High antenna for IT and technology
- Willingness to expand as a global company
About the Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a qualified Sales Administrator to join our operations team and help us achieve our goals. You will be the main point of contact for customers with queries about processes, orders and deliveries in addition to providing support for sales representatives.
Our ideal candidate is goal-oriented and has a deep knowledge of customer service best practices. If you have exceptional organizational skills and draw energy from being part of a team of passionate technology sales people then SORACOM is the place for you.
- Check data accuracy in orders and invoices
- Sync with the logistics to ensure timely deliveries
- Contact clients and partners to obtain missing information or answer queries
- Coordinate with the rest of the organization to support closure and implementation of deals
- Maintain and update sales and customer records
- Develop sales reports and forecasting
- Work closely with the Finance team
- Communicate important feedback from customers internally
- Track sales process and achievement to target while reporting any deviations
- Stay up-to-date with new products and features, maintain and update sales slide decks
- Process orders from our systems and via email or phone
- Billing follow-ups and invoicing
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills
- Experience working with supply chain and manufacturing partners at a technology start-up
- Proven 3+ year work experience as a Sales Administrator or equivalent role
- Hands-on experience with CRM software, word processing, and spreadsheets
- Track record of improving sales processes, preferably in a B2B SaaS startup environment
- Understanding of sales process and performance metrics
- A team player with a high level of dedication
- Ability to work under strict deadlines
- Experience working remotely across time zones and a multicultural environment
- Experience utilizing Salesforce
- Certification in Supply Chain, Marketing, Sales or relevant field is a plus
- Global Logistics experience
Location: Candidate located in Seattle area
- Flexible working hours and fully remote working environment
- Brand new, up-to-date equipment to work with
- An environment where you’ll learn more in 6 months than you would typically in several years
- Competitive compensation and benefits package (medical, dental, vision, retirement benefits & life insurance)
- Paid time off and work-life balance
- Challenging work and the ability to make a difference